What do you think about my board?

Started by milkwasabadchoice, May 16, 2005, 10:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milkwasabadchoice

Hey guys here is my pedal board. It is missing my phaser. Still waiting on a replay about power supplies. Let me know what you think.

-Jason

aron

Nice man! I really like those red pedals!!!! :)

Marcos - Munky

I liked them too. Give their names :P.

milkwasabadchoice

Ya Im gonna have to. By the way the pedals are a/b box; tube screamer clone(I LOVE THIS PEDAL!!!!!); orange squeezer; volume pedal; crybaby wah; and the obveious Line 6 DL4 (never ceases to amaze me!). So thats those can anybody guess what the big brown box is on th right? I bet not.

Anybody know?

Greybeard

I'm wrong but it looks like an old tape deck :lol:

Greybeard

ryanscissorhands

I'm not sure what that box is. My first thought, though, was a Roland Space Echo thing (tape-based I believe). I've wanted to try one for a while.

george

smccusker

Guitar -> Amp

Rodgre

A home stereo spring reverb unit?

Roger

Fret Wire

Quote from: RodgreA home stereo spring reverb unit?
Roger

With a foot controller?
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

vortex

Is it a "Board Hog"?

Visually a bit clunky, my guess is that it must sound very good.

milkwasabadchoice

Rodgre you guessed it. It is a very old Sansuni recording reverb unit. It is a board hog, yes, but it sounds good and adds a lot of warmth and sounds good with the DL4. There is no foot control. I am gonna have to build a bypass pedal because it has no way to turn it off with your foot. It has a bypass but its noisy and on the side. The best part it was given to me. Sombody thought it was junk. Riiiiiiight junk!

loki

don't you have trouble accessing the wah and vol pedal with your foot and rocking them since they're so far and high? i put mine as near to my feet as i could.... or maybe you're just tall  :wink:

milkwasabadchoice

to be honest i havent giged it enough yet to give a answer. the few times I've messed around with it its not that bad im 6 feet tall. I do know that the tap button on the DL$ is hard to hit the volume is in the way. and Im thinking about dropping the reverb for a littel while. Gotta get the main stuff hum free and dialed in perfect then start playin with toys.  :wink:

anyone have any thoughts on ways to use the DL4 what do you use it for the most?

Peter Snow

The Sansui is an interesting unit.  If you take it apart you will probably find the spring unit is actually two springs connected in a "V" configuration.  A single transducer drives both springs at the joint of the V and two pickup transducers situated at the end of each arm of the V provide a true stereo reverb output; mono in, stereo out - neat.  

If there is a wet only output (I don't know how you have it hooked up) try putting a tremolo unit right after the reverb to get a pseudo echo effect.
Remember - A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Connoisseur of Distortion

you need a bigger pedalboard! more noisemakers!

i should post a pic of mine sometime... holds about 10 pedals per level...  :lol:

in fact, someone recently commented on it, by saying that he used to use effects, but lost use of them once he got better. Smartass response: "yeah, i would, but i *just* can't nail that jetplane sound without my flanger yet... got any advice?"