Main Menu

Wobbletron

Started by benfox, May 23, 2005, 06:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benfox

Hi
I'have built the wobbletron from
http://www.geocities.com/tpe123/folkurban/fuzz/snippets.html#lofomofo
IT Doesn't vibrate i only have a clean sound. I use 2N5457 instead of the j201 and 2 BC549c instead of the MPSA18. The 2 bc549 are around 600hfe and i know that they could be equivalent of mpsa18 in different cases is it the problem... I'm not shure . The other odd thing in my circuit is that i check no voltage around the 1uf capacitors expect from the one witch is plugged to the 2.2M resistor. I don't bknow why is it always my tremolo which go wrong... My 3 1 uf cap are different ones...
Help me p^lease
benfox
Sorry for my bad english !!

Processaurus

I made this one as an add on to the EA trem because they use the same lfo, but I had to change the circuit a teeny bit to get it to work.  I just put a coupling cap (.1 uF) between the emitter of the mpsa18 and the drain on the fet.  And then it would only work with a 2n5457 fet.  And then sound I got was sort of in between a tremolo and a phase vibrato, but jerky in a bad way.  Because it only has one phase shift stage, the vibrato isn't going to be nearly as pronounced as a 4 or six stage phaser in a vibrato only mode(no dry signal mixed with the phase shifted signal), wich is kind of subtle anyway, compared to a BBD or digital chorus in a vibrato mode.  Theres some other stuff on Tim Escobedo's site thats great, I've made a couple of his circuits, but this one was problematic getting it to work, and not something I'd really be able to use, at least  in its current form.  Its probably more of an experiment that he worked on.