Newbie Switch Pedal Mod

Started by JB, May 24, 2005, 10:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB

Hi,
I'm just getting into the DIY thing, and I was wondering how easy it would be to mod the channel/reverb switch pedal for my amp. The pedal holds two SPDT switches which are wired to a TRS jack. The tip controls the the channel on/off and the reverb is on the ring.

Pictures are here

How difficult would it be to change the drive switch to a DPDT and put in a small battery and LED to show the pedal status?

Any thoughts would be great

Cheers

petemoore

Those look like SPDT, but using only a SPST function...each one grounds the [whichever it's hooked to] ring or sleeve, and disconnects it when it's hit once. By completing [lets say ring does reverb I/O] the circuit from the amp to the amp [for simplicity sake all each switch does is short to ground the tip or sleeve], the rest of the switching is done in the amp.
 An easy way to implement an LED indicator is by using half of a DPDT stompswitch for the shorting to ground / channel switch part, leaving the other side of the DPDT open to make/break connection of the battery/resistor/LED for indicator.
 This would leave two lugs of the DPDT {1 DPDT Stompswitch per side would replace the switches that are in there...open, the 'other' side of the LED Switching could be used for 'off' indicator
 so...two DPDT's would replace the switches, and after installing 'on' LED indicators, the 'extra' lug could be used for an 'off' indicator as well...for four LED's.
 If you could find DPST switches, using all four lugs for 1 LED per switch, turning on the LED, and completing the circuit, separately, at the same time.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.