DOD Preamp Overdrive 250

Started by mindcapsule, May 25, 2005, 04:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mindcapsule

Last Saturday I finished building a DOD Preamp 250 using the PCB purchased from GGG, parts from SmallBear Electronics and knowledge gathered from from this board (which is GREAT by the way) as well as Joe Hart's website.

I built it to 'gray' specs using the 741 IC, but used 5mm red LEDs for clipping.  This is an awesome sounding pedal.  Nice definition and bite but not piercing  (I guess because of the 741?) and cleans up well. I may put a larger input cap to give it more bottom, but since I'm using this after a clean boost to add more gain, too much bottom may be a bad thing.

This is my second build, with the first being a Rangemaster clone from build your own clone, and I have to say this stuff is really addictive :)

Anyway, I want to thank JD Sleep at GGG, Steve Daniels at Small Bear, Joe Hart, Aron, and of course this forum.

Robert
www.mindcapsule.com
Mind Capsule
www.myspace.com/mindcapsulemusic

aron

Congratulations. See my simple mods page for a variety of mods you can apply to this pedal.

rubberlips

they sound very similar to what marshall use in their TSL series amps for the distortion. Nice sound

Pete
play it hard, play it LOUD!