Orange Squeezer Control

Started by RCZ53, May 25, 2005, 07:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCZ53

Hello all...I am getting ready to build a OS on a PCB purchased from GGG.
I am thinking it would be best to put the attack control on the enclosure  and leave the volume trim on the PC. The volume can be set at unity or a bit above and the attack or threshold pot would be handy to have for a more noticable effect at times. What do you think? Thanks Aron for this new improved ISP. regards Roger

cd

Quote from: RCZ53Hello all...I am getting ready to build a OS on a PCB purchased from GGG.
I am thinking it would be best to put the attack control on the enclosure  and leave the volume trim on the PC. The volume can be set at unity or a bit above and the attack or threshold pot would be handy to have for a more noticable effect at times. What do you think? Thanks Aron for this new improved ISP. regards Roger

I'd do it the other way 'round.  The attack pot isn't really an attack pot - it's a "set and forget" control that biases the FETs.  There's a tiny tiny range where the effect works and where it doesn't - in other words, that control is not for continuous control of the attack time.  IMHO you'd be better off making that a trimmer and putting the volume control on the outside, or build the Squeezer +++ if you need more control.