Texas Instruments CV7003

Started by MarshallPlexi, May 28, 2005, 05:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarshallPlexi

What is the concensus on the TI CV7003 for use in a Range Master clone? I have access to some of these and wondered how well they are regarded. Are they on par with the Mullard?

spudulike

OK, I'll bite here.

AFAIK the "CV" prefix applies to UK MOD spec semiconductors, so what do you really mean by "CV7003" ? Oh, BTW, the TI site doesnt recognise it.

MarshallPlexi

Thanks for the reply!

Well the CV7003 is the Mil Spec version of the OC44. I was wondering what the TONAL qualities of this part are, being that it's made by TI. Any ideas?

Fret Wire

No better tonal qualities per se. I posted on your other thread, generally the Ti Ge's seem to survive age or time better than some of their other more famous counterparts.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

spudulike

Ah, understand now. The military spec trannies were made under tighter tolerances than the general market. They are more temperature stable, drift less and the ones Ive used are closer to each other in terms of leakage. Those tolerances, though, were defined for the specific application they were used in. For audio, my experience is that they still have to be selected for gain/leakage etc and are no better than real OC44s etc. IIRC an OC44 (for example) can have several CV designations, depending on the application it was specced for.