Morley PWA Wah mods?

Started by 4nkam, May 29, 2005, 02:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4nkam

Hey guys...I know and have seen many of the mods for Dunlop and Vox wahs, but I don't recall ever reading anything about Morleys. Anyone know what can be done to beef them up? I guess you could say I'm wondering if there are any "standard" type mods available similar to the Dunlop/Vox mods.

I picked up an old Morley PWA (black) wah and I like it, but was wondering if I could beef it up a bit. I did download the schematic off morley's site but since it uses no pot/inductor, I'm not too familar with this type of design.

MJ

akozols

I have a Morley wah/vol pedal.  It's been a few years since I had it opened, so this is from memory.  The wah sound is controlled by an LED and a reciever.  Between the two is a piece of cardboard with a tapered cutout.  The cutout varies the light to the sensor and changes the sound.  I played around with it to figure out how much of a cutout changes the sound and just experiemented till I got the sound and sweep I liked.  Once you play around with it, you'll see what I mean.

al