9mm ALPS snap in dual pots with center detent: where?

Started by markusw, May 31, 2005, 04:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markusw

I recently built a modded Bartolini NTMB onboard bass preamp. See also thread http://diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=33687&highlight=ntmb

Besides there is an issue with one of the opamps, I unfortunately ordered the wrong PCB mounted pots. The bushing is too short (5mm) to allow the mounting into my bass. I would need the versions with the 7mm bushing, but I could'nt find a distributor.

Any ideas where I may find them. Currently I am using the RK09L because they are snap in type. However, the RK097 type would be about the same without snap in. For blend as well as the three tone controls I want to use pots with center detent. Although a dual pot is just required for the blending section, I like the duals better because I think they should be more stable in securing the PCBs in my bass.

Since I am already quite desperate, I'd be happy for any suggestions. :( Also a different company would be OK, even if they do not fit into my current PCBs.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Markus

Gabriel Simoes

How did it sound after the mod ??? what where you looking for with that mod ? does it really sound close to the bartolini ntmb ? did the board get big ??? i will try to do this for my bass without the first gain stages ... and then tell you how it sounds =)

MarshallPlexi

Check State Electronics
//www.potentiometer.com

Call Tom Russin - He's great to deal with.

markusw

QuoteHow did it sound after the mod ??? what where you looking for with that mod ? does it really sound close to the bartolini ntmb ? did the board get big ???

The largest of the three boards is about 32x87 mm. The others are smaller as you can see from the pic. However, whole thing will be much smaller if you leave of all the micro switches + EQ tuning caps. If you build it like in the schematics I've traced it actually should sound at least very similar to the original.

QuoteCheck State Electronics
www.potentiometer.com

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, minimum order for ALPS: 1200 pieces.  :cry:

Markus

MarshallPlexi

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, minimum order for ALPS: 1200 pieces.  :cry:

Markus

OUCH!!!  :shock:

Gabriel Simoes

It's seems you were really looking for a versatile preamp ...
I will probably use a mid range since I have space for this in my bass ...
will try to use 250 pots for volume and try to skeep the gain stage .... lets see if it work ...

Hope you fix your problems ..... and record some sound clips for us...

Gabriel