Small Stone volume drop when color on

Started by bassmeister, May 31, 2005, 04:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassmeister

I've looked through the archives and previous posts, but nobody seems to have had this problem. I've been trying to fix this problem for a really long time now, so I think I've lost focus...

I've built a Small Stone with the Tonepad layout (bought a PCB). I get a much lower volume when the color switch is on compared to when it's off. I also have the somewhat famous click when the color switch is on but not when it's off, even with the amp set to high gain to really bring forward a possible click. I've followed instructions found on this forum to use a large capacitor in the LFO section (Ca on the switch), up to 10 uF with little or no difference above 100 nF. What could possibly be the problem? I'm starting to give up on this pedal...

Component values differing from the Tonepad layout:
In the feedback loop:
- R11 10k instead of 3k3
- R12 1k8 instead of 4k7

I also performed the "volume drop mod", i.e. R42 = 10k instead of 4k7.

bassmeister

Anybody? Judging from the amount of topics available on volume drops and clicking LFO on the Small Stone, I imagine some of you are a bit tired on people asking questions about it. However, I also know that some of you are very well aquinted with this particular design.

markjazzbassist

i am also having this problem.  have you solved the issue?  if so what did you do?

i just read some build reports on tonepads sight saying to use 10uf electros (non-polar) for Ca and a 47uf for Cb.