Copicat question

Started by Hungeryhippie, June 01, 2005, 06:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hungeryhippie

Hello, I have a question about a Watkins Copy cat, I have been given one to clean up and check out, and it needs a new tape loop. I have 1/4 inch tape and was going to make up a couple of loops. Does any one here own one and could tell be the size of the loop, this information would be very much apperciated. Its one of these ones http://britamps.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/watkins/copicat/copi9.html

thanks in advance

Nasse

I don´t have the data but I always did it by trial and error, or used the old ready made as a reference. But it sure was not easy to find optimal length but it was possible. Try to watch the optimal stress for spring or something that tightens the loop. Never owned a Copicat but done few tapes for Meazzi, Dynacord and Vox units.

The most important was to make the cut/joint at angle (like 45 degrees) not straight, and I was lucky to find special tape made for purpose, made by Agfa, takes heat no problem and glue does not stick to heads. And that tape was packaged in a box that had nice slot on top of the box you could make the joint so it was in perfectly straight line...

Y could always ask some instro quys more...
  • SUPPORTER

Hungeryhippie

thank you for your reply, I have all the stuff for making tape loops its a hobby of mine, Slicing blocks and all the gubbins, i just wanted to know how long the loop was (in cm or inches) so i could just make up a loop and try it out. I thought it might be quicker to ask here than the trail and error route.