Help making a box for reamp

Started by Gabriel Simoes, June 02, 2005, 09:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel Simoes

Hello all.

I'd like to make a box to help me reamping.
I wish I could record a clean signal, route it to the box so it would change the signal from a low impedance to a high impedance again, and this way I could send the signal to the amp again ....

Could anybody help me about how to make something like this ??? I've been looking for some info about impedance on the net but I couldnt dinf any who would focus on the information I need ...

Thanks for your attention and patience

Gabriel

ps: sorry for my bad english

ustompsteve

Here is a schematic for doing exactly that. I have made one and it works great.

http://www.jensen-transformers.com/as/as092.pdf

--Steve

Gabriel Simoes

Thanks for your help and attention ...
It will make a freind of mine who is a studio owner very very happy ..

I hope everything works ... and after doing this I will come and tell you how it gone ...

thanks again..

Gabriel

keninverse

if you want to use a cheaper XFrmer, go to the diy pro-audio forum (@ //www.prodigy-pro.com/forum) and search for a thread bout the edcor reamp schemos.  I think the edcor's cost around $10 and sound preety good.  but in comarison the jesen's are more transparent.

ESPguitar

Can this schem from jensen be used from unbalanced guitar to XLR?

RB

keninverse

Do you mean a DI?
...in which case, no, you'll have to look around jensen for another schematic.  they got loads of schemos on their site, but none of their xfrmers are "cheap".

ken

moosapotamus

IIRC, there is a passive DI schematic at the Jensen site that will work in both directions, as a reamp or a DI.

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."