Amveco toroidal transformer.....R.G.?

Started by Bill Bergman, June 06, 2005, 10:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Bergman

Here's what i have so far....it's butt ugly.....

puretube

can`t see pic...

err, I thought Bill has the low-voltage (7V) from a first xfmr ("outboard unit"/"wallwart"), which supplies enough power for the filaments,
and that he`s only searching for a "small" HV-supply for inside the box...
:?

Bill Bergman

Regan

OOPS!
I never even considered the isolation factors in the primary, I'm very sorry Bill, that could have been potentially dangerous!
I was wondering, are you not too keen on using an offboard 7v supply and then using a single toroidal onboard to bump up to the7v to your b+ level? This would save a lot of room.
Actually, I'm glad that this thread is here,, lots of information to be had!
Regan

Bill Bergman

Regan,
the transformers aren't actually hooked up yet . I was just using the perf board to test the circuit. From what I gather from R.G., the second toroidal won't have enough power to supply the first one for heaters and B+. Not sure where to find one that will. Amveco makes bigger ones but the cost of this project is getting out of hand. I might look for a sutible transformer at the local parts surplus store.

R.G.

You'll probably be interested in the new topic "Power Transformer Basics". I thought it might help.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.