News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Rhino values

Started by audioguy, June 06, 2005, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

audioguy

I know that the majority of the Way Huge stuff is based on popular designs with some value changes. Ive been able to find the Saffron Squeeze, Red Llama, and the Swollen Pickle. Has any one got the values for the Rhino, Aqua Puss, and the Hippo?

Thanks!

Audioguy

cd

Green Rhino is a dead on TS-808 clone.

audioguy

Really... I had no idea. I thought I read somewhere it didnt use the 4558... Thats cool... I can scratch it off my to-do list.

Thanks!

Audioguy

cd

Quote from: audioguyReally... I had no idea. I thought I read somewhere it didnt use the 4558... Thats cool... I can scratch it off my to-do list.

Ah well technically it does use an LF353 chip.  I don't consider that a huge change though.  All the other cap/resistor values (the things that actually matter) are the same.  Build an 808 with an op-amp socket and you're set.  Different transistors were used from time to time as well, but again, as long as they're high gain/low noise, they're not the parts that matter.

What else... I have seen some with all film caps, some box caps, some tantalum caps, ones with mixes of carbon film and metal film resistors, some mostly metal film, some all carbon film.  Again nothing magical here, just the standard tweaks you can do by your own ear.  I remember playing one way back when they were $150 new and wasn't that impressed - the high $ these days are collector inflated, nothing more.

audioguy

Sounds good- thanks for the help!