News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Scored!

Started by jimbob, July 10, 2005, 09:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

I went to Musiciansfriend outlet clearence center and bought a 535q wah for 9.99$ and a classic wah w fasel for 14.99$ What a deal!   Im not sure what the problems are yet- but there wahs.. how hard can they be to fix? and the enclosures are worth that price alone!
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

mrsage

very cool!

let us know if you decide to sell the enclosures...It'll be like a feeding frenzy!!!

:lol:

littlegreiger

That's awesome. Even if you can't fix them you can build a new one for fairly cheap.

nelson

And here was me clicking on this thread expecting an explanation of a sexual encounter at musicians friend.......................................................

Just kidding

Nice Deal!
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

petemoore

It's worth it just for the case, plus you get inductors etc.
 I'd just take the boards out, fix or replace them...fun !
 Also there are other interesting things a treadle/potshaft turner can be used for, such as volume, phase speed control...Nice Grab !!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

jimbob

Ok - turns out they both work! One needs  the pot adjustmnt and the other one- the pot is scratchy (might need some lube or replaced). And to my suprise- they both had a red fasel! I dont think my other 535 q had a fasel. Its got that metal casing over it so i cant tell anyways. Over all i was really lucky! Esp cause musicians friend has been selling broken items for an insane prices ! (broken dime wah for 65, broken phase 90   45usd$)ect..  Ill probably take the board to the classic wah out -make my own board and add a few mods. I really like the way the 535 q sounds- and this has a red fasel (which im fond of)
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

mrsage

Very cool.

I never made it out to that place when I lived in KC...now my family has all migrated out of the state, so there's no real reason for me to go back (other than Gates BBQ...).

I've heard that place is pretty cool, though. Let us know if you see any other deals on fixer-uppers!

jimbob

Yea- id like to migrate out as well- and still might. Many times ill go there and the prices will be insane- way over priced--and not much to choose from- other days are good ect...i was planning on going in for 5 min look and if nothing leave to come back another day..many days i go and leave with nothing. Anyone heard of the new 535q's having a fasel?