Sloped enclosure @ Mouser - any good?

Started by KORGULL, June 14, 2005, 09:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KORGULL

Has anyone used this enclosure? Part#537-MDC532-01 -there are other sizes that look O.K. too.
I'm wondering if it is too flimsy to be stomped on.
http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?&handler=data.listcategory&D=*537mdc53201*&terms=537-mdc532-01&Ntt=*537mdc53201*&Dk=1&Ns=SField&N=0&crc=true

Khas Evets

I've used one for a looper and it's been great. The problem is the top gives a little when you stomp on it. So far it hasn't been a problem, but I'm careful with it. I wouldn't recommend it for a commercial product.

spudulike

I used a Maplin case like this before, and reinforced the sloping panel with a small length of plastic pipe around the footswitch.

Paul Marossy

Hey, I used one of those for one of my projects:

The top does give a little, but it helps quite a lot if you take those little tabs that are punched in right where the angle starts and knock them in a little farther. This makes for a more solid feeling top. I think this one is 6"x4"x2".

Rodgre

Isn't that what the Snarling Dogs pedals use?

Roger

petemoore

Installing the switch right next to a bend will increase the amount of pressure needed to flex the top, making the project more bend-proof.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Paul Marossy

QuoteIsn't that what the Snarling Dogs pedals use?

It's close, but I don't htink it's the same. It looks like the Snarling Dogs enclosure has the top piece going on top of the side pieces instead of between the side pieces as in the LMB Heeger box.

KORGULL

Thanks for the helpful info everyone, I'm gonna go ahead and order a couple to try out.