Stereo Tremulus Panneur Build Report Commonsound

Started by jmasciswannabe, June 17, 2005, 02:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmasciswannabe

Finished it this afternoon. Scrapped the first one, tried just building a tremulus lune and scrapped that, too. I had a hard time using the paper and cardboard method. I don't know if there were solder traces i was missing or just parts not soldered all the way together right, so finally I just printed a board off and peelnpressed and etched. All was well until I realized that the board printout isn't made to be used for the pressnpeel and etch method. I had a mirrored layout. The ic pinouts would not line up right, however, bending the legs all the way backwards solved this problem. I also realized that the vactrols would have to go the other way. If you use the vactrtols go ahead and get the 10k trimpots, the 100's are way too much. Putting that mess in a box was even more fun, but it is boxed and working. Sounds spectacular. I have built the pulsar and the eatrem and this one is my favorite, can be smooth or choppy, the controls are great. If you have a stereo setup this box is a dream. Pans and trems, also you can set it up to have a different tremolo going on each side simultaneously. I am still doing a few last adjustments. I can hear the lfo when bypassed, so I am going to try to adjust the trims a little and maybe mess with putting some caps between v+ and ground or better yet find a way to true bypass it.  I am scared to reopen it though :lol:
....the staircase had one too many steps

nelson

Awesome, I have still to build any trem projects. I have one on my amp so I dont really need one, but this one sounds like it is well worth the effort. Could you post some pics of your build, "guts" and all?
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

jmasciswannabe

Unfortunatly I do not own a digital camera, too busy giving mouser and small bear my money! I will see if I cant borrow one....I recommend it ifyou have built stuff before, because it is a little tedious....I am also trying to figure out how to true bypass it.....so make sure to check back here if you plan to build it!
....the staircase had one too many steps