Help Identifying Components on old Schem.

Started by nelson, June 18, 2005, 04:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelson

Ok, I believe this is a thermistor, JP51J1 ???? what is a thermistor doing in an FX pedal?? where can I get this part or one with same specs?

This I believe is an optocoupler. 8206/2 or 8208/2(grungey schem), I cant find any info on this either, anyone have any ideas? a modern equivelant, a datasheet even?

Can anyone guess what pedal they are from? I will tell you....just want to know if anyone can guess.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Dirk_Hendrik

Nelson,

Could you make the samples a litlle bigger? (as in a little more circuit to see)  from the 2nd one I'd expect a phaser circuit.
More stuff, less fear, less  hassle and less censoring? How 'bout it??. To discuss what YOU want to discuss instead of what others decide for you. It's possible...

But not at diystompboxes.com...... regrettably

nelson

Quote from: Dirk_HendrikNelson,

Could you make the samples a litlle bigger? (as in a little more circuit to see)  from the 2nd one I'd expect a phaser circuit.

Ok, done.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Vsat

My guess ....Electroharmonix Deluxe Phaser?

Cheers, Mike

nelson

Quote from: VsatMy guess ....Electroharmonix Deluxe Phaser?

Cheers, Mike

So close, but no cigar.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Vsat

How 'bout this.... A/DA Final Phase
(looks more like an EH schemo though)

Cheers, Mike

nelson

Quote from: VsatHow 'bout this.... A/DA Final Phase
(looks more like an EH schemo though)

Cheers, Mike

You are right with the EH schemo. I have never heard of an EH deluxe phase......
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Vsat

nelson

Quote from: VsatLast try: EH Polyphase

Regards, Mike

Well done! someone get that man a whisker biscuit!
Now, in all seriousness, what can i do about these obscure components?
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

StephenGiles

You're right Mike, it's the EH Polyphase which I think was called the Deluxe Phaser for a while. I still have one of those thermistors from EH UK. The opto is a Clairex product, most probably no longer available. I dare say a dual VTL5C? would do the trick.
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Vsat

"Guess the schemo" should be a weekly feature on here!

Nelson, I have misplaced my EH phasers folder which had the "Deluxe" schemo... might be that the Deluxe is actually the same unit as the Polyphase.

Post the schemo or email the schemo and I will take a look. The thermistor is <probably> used to stabilize the incandescent bulb (or  LED) driver circuit.
Cheers, Mike

Vsat

Steve - thanks for clearing up the mystery!
Regards, Mike

nelson

Quote from: StephenGilesYou're right Mike, it's the EH Polyphase which I think was called the Deluxe Phaser for a while. I still have one of those thermistors from EH UK. The opto is a Clairex product, most probably no longer available. I dare say a dual VTL5C? would do the trick.
Stephen

ok, making some progress  :D

Any idea where i could get the datasheet for the opto?

Plus, what are the specs for that thermistor?
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

nelson

Its such a shame these 2 components are the only thing stopping me from cloning this one.

The rest of the components are V easy to get.

:x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Without seeing more circuit I can't say, but I suspect the thermistor is part of the LFO. The part that makes it more sine shaped.
So either get a grab bag of thermistors from Electronic Goldmine or similar, or replace the LFO with an alternative circuit.

nelson

Quote from: Paul Perry (Frostwave)Without seeing more circuit I can't say, but I suspect the thermistor is part of the LFO. The part that makes it more sine shaped.
So either get a grab bag of thermistors from Electronic Goldmine or similar, or replace the LFO with an alternative circuit.

Ok, some sockets and some experimentation is in order....After I draw up a PCB.  8)

If anyone has any more info/specs on these parts PLEASE let me know, could save me alot of time trying out thermistors and optos.  :)

Thanks for your help Paul, I dont want to change the LFO circuit.

I am probably going to post ALOT of questions when I am in the process of cloning this one and another, I will be posting my work. So all help is much appreciated. Thank you  :)
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

nelson

I dont suppose anyone owns a polyphase?
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Marcos - Munky

Any chance of the complete schematic be online?

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

StephenGiles

Now that's a bugger of a build if I remember, only built it on veroboard and shortly afterwards blew all the optos  - this was mid 80s. I possibly have a data sheet for the opto but I'm not looking in my attic in this heat!
Stephen