|HOME| |DIY FAQ| |GEO FAQ| |Debugging Page| |Links| |Schematics| |Wiki| |Layouts Gallery| |STORE|
|AMPAGE| |GEOFEX| |AMZ|

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 10:25:38 AM
961119 Posts in 102741 Topics by 32412 Members
Latest Member: Bulinski102
Home Help Login Register
DIYstompboxes.com  |  DIY Stompboxes  |  Building your own stompbox  |  BSIAB II Build report with etched graphics 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BSIAB II Build report with etched graphics  (Read 14957 times)
soggybag

Mitchell H

PNP
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2005, 02:28:55 PM »

I always buy PNP from Small bear electronics mail order. I have not seen it anywhere else. There have abeen a few threads about using photo printer papaer and a laser printer fro the same effect. Do a search on the forum for this information.

robotboy

BSIAB II Build report with etched graphics
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2005, 04:41:43 PM »

Quote from: ElectroFreak
The etching is possibly the coolest thing I have seen in a looong time.  I recently got back into the DIY effects scene (after a decade) and things are a bit different now.  Can I get this blue paper at any electronics place or is it specialty?  I recently built a Marshall Gov'nor clone and while it sounds great, I'm looking for another distortion to build.  Kind of a 'rip your face off' distortion, and this BSIAB sounds like it may work?  Also, for someone starting out again (supply-wise) should I just get one of those basic etching kits to make my boards?  Wiring that Gov'nor by hand was a pain.  Again, excellent job on those etchings, it looks awesome, and thanks for sharing the idea and photos.

If you want to get PNP in bulk, you can also buy it here.

http://www.techniks.com/

For a rip your face off distortion, try the blackfire. I love the BSIAB II, but it's a bit smoother while the blackfire is a bit more over the edge.

dubs

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2005, 06:16:29 PM »

That looks awesome!
Would ammonium persulphate (less toxic etchant) work as well?
lenwood

Lennie F.

my adventure in etching
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2005, 03:34:28 PM »

I used ferric chloride for 30 minutes and used a hand drawn design with a sharpie and got this for my prototype:

Lennie
WildMountain

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2005, 04:39:46 AM »

I am curious about the ammonium persulfate as well, as that's easier to get around here.
Coriolis

Dee-eye-why-peddle-maker.

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2005, 05:42:13 AM »

Wow, cool boxes! I find it interesting that it seems you can go for either the
"precision" etched look with the q-tips or short baths, or you can go for the longer baths to get that "been-rolling-in-the-tide-for-a-million-years" kind of
worn-in look. I definately have to try both!  Cool

Check out some free drum loops and other sounds at my site: http://www.christiancoriolis.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: