new kind of FX controller by R.M. ...

Started by puretube, June 20, 2005, 11:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puretube

puretube

Transmogrifox

There was just a thread about things you "invented" then found out they already exist.

Case in point.   They beat me to it, and it looks like a real cool little toy.  Imagine using a wag with an ebow and phaser.  It could be pretty interesting--and the MIDI interface capacity is definitely going to be a big hit with a lot of musicians.

Thanks for the link, Puretube.  It is inspiring. :)
trans·mog·ri·fy
tr.v. trans·mog·ri·fied, trans·mog·ri·fy·ing, trans·mog·ri·fies To change into a different shape or form, especially one that is fantastic or bizarre.

puretube

Tim Escobedo

Quote from: puretubeplus interesting interview:
http://diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=34247

for those, who don`t visit the OT-lounge...

There's a OT lounge?

I'd been wondering about those anti theft "patches" and tags found in the US. I have no idea how they work. But they're passive and seem to have some kind of proximity effect. I thought they might be useful as a "gesture" controller or something even more creative if the technology isn't too forbidding. I wonder if that ring works similarly?

puretube

OT-Lounge
only worx when logged in...

afaik, those antitheft thingies go under the name of "transponders"...

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Some passive anti-theft devices work by having a tuned circuit antenna & a diode, so when a RF pulse at the frequency is nearby, it emits a weaker signal at twice the frequency (yeah, a distortion unit!!).
That couldn't be used here, though.
Maybe it is an accelerometer, transmitting tilt data?? (the diagram makes me think that).

Xpres

Hey there, I am one of the WAG designers.  I will do my best to anwser any questions regarading use, capabilites, features, etc ....

Vsat

Motorola introduced a 3D electric field sensor chip last year - there was a contest for neatest application.
Mike

puretube

troubledtom

Quote from: XpresHey there, I am one of the WAG designers.  I will do my best to anwser any questions regarading use, capabilites, features, etc ....
how much is the device? and yes! welcome!
- tom

Xpres

Thanks for the Welcome.  

The WAG product is currently targeted for a street price of $295 US.

Xpres

troubledtom

Quote from: XpresThanks for the Welcome.  

The WAG product is currently targeted for a street price of $295 US.

Xpres
i have more than one high profile players that would love to give it a go!
 pm me.
     peace,
         - tom

Xpres

Sample audio clip that 'shows; the WAG in action is up now

Xpres

Peter Snowberg

Very.... very cool!!! 8) 8) 8)

Welcome to the forum and best wishes on selling a zillion of them! :D
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

puretube

A.S.P.