Hammond 1444 series

Started by ExpAnonColin, June 22, 2005, 08:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExpAnonColin

I need a wide, not to long, not to deep enclosure, one of the 1444 series seems perfect.   Do they hold up to stomping?  Has anyone used them?

-Colin

dadude

Me likey! Thanks for the heads up. That looks like it would make a real nice (tubes and transformer exposed) dual channel mic/line preamp for recording.

Way cool thanks!

:)

jrc4558

I say they're no match for 1590 line. And the bottoms are sold separately... And the screws aren't countersunk... And the corners are just tough-welded or smth...

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: Constantin NecrasovI say they're no match for 1590 line. And the bottoms are sold separately... And the screws aren't countersunk... And the corners are just tough-welded or smth...

Find me a 13.5 inch 1590 line box before you discount these.

-Colin

dadude

I was checking the specs on those. They seem kind off thin to use for stomping. Very good  for a preamp thing.

Adam Shame

I have one of those.  I plan on putting a power supply in it.  You could probably use a stomp switch in it if you are careful.
Q: What do you get when you cross an owl with a bungee cord?

A: My Ass

Cabezahead

I made an eight loop box with a buffer in the front, tuner out and power switch with a 15" BUD box...

Mouser part  563-CU712A   

works like a charm.

-CH

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: CabezaheadI made an eight loop box with a buffer in the front, tuner out and power switch with a 15" BUD box...

Mouser part  563-CU712A   

works like a charm.

-CH
I just gut a 622A, hope it works well!

-Colin

Cabezahead

Quote from: ExpAnonColin
I just gut a 622A, hope it works well!

-Colin

Sweet.  It should do fine - there's very little give at all in the dead center of my 7x15x2...  12x6 should be even better.

Lemme know how it works!

-CH

ExpAnonColin

Your nick is hilarious.

"Headhead".

-Colin

Cabezahead

It's the name of my band, too. :-)

hank reynolds 3rd

doesn't cabeza mean butt aswell in spanish???

Cabezahead

extremo or culo means butt or ass respectively....

It's funny - when you think about all the products that are 'Extremo'

Like Extremo Gatorade.  Butt Gatorade. it gets me every time.

-CH