Simple Wiring Question

Started by Myriad Society, June 24, 2005, 08:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myriad Society

Hi, I'm fairly new to this forum so I just wanted to say hello to everyone here first. I first discovered this site (as well as a number of your personal diy sites) out of a need to build a simple throughput device to pass the output signal from one place to another on my pedalboard. Building it was simple enough and then I started wanting it to look as professional as possible and it all just went on from there. Anyway, long story short - got hooked - now I'm a lifer!

So my question is, I am building a bypass looper (with plans I found somewhere on this forum). I already have it working correctly but was just curious...since there's only basically a resistor inside the enclosure that isn't somehow bolted down, what's the generally accepted best and neatest way of routing the component wiring for this?

It seems hardly worth doing a PCB for. Should I just twist the resistor lead to the LED lead, solder and run the resistor across the enclosure along with the other hookup wires or is there another method?
Extended warranty...how can I lose!

Andi

I make a tiny hook in the end of the resistor leg and another in the end of the LED leg, hook the two together, crimp with pliers (carefully), solder then cover with heatshrink.

Myriad Society

Ahh, that sounds like a much cleaner way of joining the two components together. Thanks Andi. So you just leave the resistor floating in the box then with the other wires I suppose like I have been doing? I haven't used the heat-shrink tubing before though, do you shrink it with just a cigarette lighter?

jimmy

"Who the f*** are the naked chefs?" - Ozzy Osbourne

tubes or bust

Myriad Society