Stereo TRS Splitter Box

Started by maalourm, June 24, 2005, 01:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maalourm

Hi, total newbie here, need some help.

I have a music man guitar with a piezzo p/up which has a stereo output that I can use to switch between regular p/ups and piezzo. I need to build a simple splitter box that will not cause any signal loss, add noise, or degrade my signal in any way. I don't necessarily need a switch as there's one on my guitar.

Here is one a description on one the ernie ball makes especially for my guitar:

"Splitter Box
The Ernie Ball Music Man Piezo/Magnetic Splitter Box is designed primarily for use with our line of Piezo pickup equipped guitars. The box can be used to split the stereo signal from the MAGNETIC/STEREO jack of the guitar into two separate Piezo and Magnetic signals. These signals can then be routed to separate amps, mixing channels, effects loops, or whatever else is desired. The box can also be used to split any stereo signal into two separate mono signals. The box will not have any effect on our Piezo pickup equipped basses since the only available output signal is mono. The Splitter Box doesn't require a battery. "

I already have a very cheap "Kustom" splitter box that I can use, any help would me much appreciated, including specific brands for good quality parts ... please ...

Thanks,
Rony.

lovekraft0

Sounds like a box with a stereo jack wired to two mono jacks. For that matter, a Y cable with a stereo jack on one end will "...split any stereo signal into two separate mono signals..." . Your guitar is actually producing two separate mono signals, so there's no real splitting involved, just routing the two signals to different jacks. Out of curiosity, how much is that fancy splitter box from EBMM?