...another popping question.....???

Started by stumper1, June 28, 2005, 02:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stumper1

OK - I've searche the archives and tried several things with no luck.

I built a MXR Microamp from GGG.  Used a TL071.  Used a 22uf cap in place of the 15uf cap (suggested by SmallBear as a viable alternative since he doesn't have 15uf).

3PDT switch wired as per the GGG layout.

Pops horribly when turned on.  All voltages check out OK.  Checked for DC at the input and output.  Input - on=.002vdc bypass=.006vdc  Output - on=0vdc bypass=.002vdc.

Tried 1M resistors before the input cap and after the output cap with no luck.

What else should I be checking?

Thanks for any help.
Deric®

niftydog

QuotePops horribly when turned on.

turned on? as in power applied? or do you just mean "unbypassed"?
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

stumper1

Sorry ---

When Un-bypassed.   :oops:
Deric®

niftydog

ah, few! Otherwise, this would have been an easy answer!

It is possible that the switch is to blame. What sort of 3PDT are you using? Can you trial a different switch?

check here and try using smaller or larger resistors to see if it can be improved.
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

stumper1

The switch is a Blue 3PDT purchased from Aron.  I guess I'll swap it out with another one and see what happens.......

Thanks for the help!!!
Deric®

aron

Do other pedals pop as well? I have an amp with some grid leakage on the tube and darn it makes my pedal pop too. rrrrrr!

stumper1

I have a Ross Comp that I built and ROG's English channel.  Both of them pop VERY slightly but not near as bad as my Microamp.  I was looking at the GGG site and noticed that the Microamp shows the switch wired differently than the way I wired the other 2 pedals.  After work I'll try wiring it the same as the others and see if thats any help.  I'll probably swap the switch too just in case.

:?
Deric®

Lbzg

I have same problem! have you solve the issue? please tell me how you did it.