Stack of Dimes..Were both "03" AND "48"s

Started by analog kid, June 29, 2005, 02:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

analog kid

I am curious to know whether or not the "03" 4post model Stack of Dimes inductor was the ONLY "dimes" used in the American made Thomas vox/crybaby wahs? And if the two post "48"'s were only used in the earlier Italian made models?(as Stu Castledine's Inductor history page shows it) And if the case is that they were both used no matter when /where the manufacturing, then how much more of a rare find are the "48" style (2posts) ???
Up until recently I'd ONLY seen the larger "03" stack of dimes with 4posts. And only in the chicago and supeldeva Thomas Organ wahs , the way that the US boards happen to be set up for that one as well leads me to wonder. Until.... I recently found a "48" stack inductor :D (a little jewel)which I'm not sure what it came out of.
I'd really like to know the facts, history and experience with the two 'dimes' types anyone may have.
Thanks
See the man with the stage fright, just standing up there to give it all his might..

analog kid

Really ? Noone knows the difference and why-fors between the 48 style two post Inductor and the "03" 4post array inductor??  I am just assuming that the smaller two post "48" covered in the reddish brown  material IS The older of the two type inductors. Now if that means they were never used in any Thomas Organs that were made in the USA and only in the Italian ones remains to be seen . BUT I'd say it's the original of the two inductors.
For goodness sakes Teese used the Dimes inductor to model all his inductors he had made for his pedals , based off the micro film info that he got from Thomas Organ techs . Surely some of you on this forum have his wahs with his inductor in it. What does HIS dimes inductor look like ?? two post or 4. ? I heard his was modeled after the "48" was curious.
I'd really like to find out about these inductors.
See the man with the stage fright, just standing up there to give it all his might..