true bypassing a Echoflanger

Started by britt-stinker, June 29, 2005, 12:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

britt-stinker

Quote from: puretubemagne tak (sorry for my bad danish...  :lol: ) (haven`t been there for the last 29 years...)

this works, tnx!  8)
Im glad I could help.(it is spelled: Mange):)

britt-stinker

Quote from: ManecoFor true bypassing this baby:

1-cut the wire that goes to the footswitch,and connect it permanently to ground (that way,the 4053 pin 2 is connected to pin 15,fx is on)

2-cut the wires from the input and output jacks(those now are fx in and fx out)

3-replace the spdt switch with a 3pdt or 2pdt + millenium bypass

I dont really understand what you mean. But can I do it this wayhttp://www.diystompboxes.com/pedals/articles/elbypass.html?
There goes to wires from the board to the switch, I guess these are fx board in and out. (Its the to white wires you can on the picture in the right button.)
And should I just cut the wires that goes from the board to the in and out jacks?

Maneco

the bypass system of this box is more complex than what is described in your link,but if you do as i told you,you can do the true bypass as is described there
You're welcome

nelson

Quote from: ManecoBTW,thanks for all the effort in scanning and picturing this pedal...i wonder if this one is similar to the polychorus...Robin Guthrie from Cocteau Twins told me that he used to have one  polychorus,modified,that was his secret weapons in their first records,amazing examples of guitar textures...

Apparently it is the same circuit.... :wink:

I have heard from good sources that the board is different though.... :roll:

Lets wait and see, hopefully the experts (you know who you are) can shed some light on this.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

britt-stinker

Quote from: Manecothe bypass system of this box is more complex than what is described in your link,but if you do as i told you,you can do the true bypass as is described there
You're welcome
I still don't really understand you.:

1-I should cut the wires that goes to the footswitch. But where do you want me to solder them to? And should I solder both of them to ground?

2-Is it the wires that goes from the board you want me to cut?

3-I know its alot to ask but could you paint a picture in paint or something? Just of how I should wire the 3PDT switch, and what wires goes where?

Thanks many many times

britt-stinker

also I wanna install a momentary switch on it, can you help me with this also?

Thanks

nelson

Britt stinker,

Check your PM.

:wink:
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Maneco

I hope i can clarify my previous instructions
1-one of the two wires that are now connected to the switch is ground...so,first,cut them both from the switch and connect them one to the other
2-check now that the fx is always on,as you have permanently enabled the electronic switching that is done by the cd4053 ic...if the fx is not on,the you just have to leave both wires disconnected...but i'm almost sure that both connected together is the right answer...
3-now,just cut the wires in the in and out jacks,and wire your new switch,in www.geofex.com is perfectly explained with clear drawings under "true bypassing"

4-i did not get the momentary switch part,but if you explain it better ,i can also help you...maybe you want to have switching done like in boss pedals,one momentary stomp to on and off?

nelson

I think he wants the momentary so that he can hold the footswitch down and the effect is on.....then take his foot off and the effect turns off.....

Just a guess....isnt too hard to implement....
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

britt-stinker

Quote from: ManecoI hope i can clarify my previous instructions
1-one of the two wires that are now connected to the switch is ground...so,first,cut them both from the switch and connect them one to the other
2-check now that the fx is always on,as you have permanently enabled the electronic switching that is done by the cd4053 ic...if the fx is not on,the you just have to leave both wires disconnected...but i'm almost sure that both connected together is the right answer...
3-now,just cut the wires in the in and out jacks,and wire your new switch,in www.geofex.com is perfectly explained with clear drawings under "true bypassing"

4-i did not get the momentary switch part,but if you explain it better ,i can also help you...maybe you want to have switching done like in boss pedals,one momentary stomp to on and off?

Okay, I get what you mean now.
About the monentary - read nelsons post.

britt-stinker

Quote from: ManecoI hope i can clarify my previous instructions

I found this link on geofx http://www.geofex.com/FX_images/stompsw.gif in the boutton there are shown a way to wired a 3PDT switch.
But if I should follow that, I only have three wires to connect,since the effect in and out are wire togehter.

Another thing, this pedal doesn't have a battery, the transformer is build inside of the case(atleast I think so, because it should be pluged in directly), so where should the wire to 9+ go

Maneco

no,the fx in and out are not connected together,what you have connected is the electronic control of the cd4053...the wires from the in and out jacks are now the fx in and out,and you'll have to add new wires for the other connections in the 3pdt

nelson

ok, your echoflanger runs at +15v, you should be able to tap into a trace on the PCB that will deliver 7.5v with a current limiting resistor that should be fine for running your LED, If you really must have one. That would involve drilling the board and soldering a resistor and LED to that trace and to the 3PDT switch.... Or if you didnt want to drill the PCB you could always stick a 9V battery in there just for the LED....
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

nelson

Ok, here is my method for true bypassing your echoflanger and having a momentary switch for added control.

Any reasons why this shouldnt work? I am concerned it may POP. But that should be sorted easily.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

britt-stinker

Quote from: nelsonOk, here is my method for true bypassing your echoflanger and having a momentary switch for added control.

Any reasons why this shouldnt work? I am concerned it may POP. But that should be sorted easily.

Okay thanks, that doesn't look that hard.  8)
I only one answer the momentary switch Im gonna use is a DPDT(2PDT) so it has six lugs or what it is called. SO how should I wire it?

Also if I don't need a led, where should the wire then go to? it sounds to complicated.

Thanks

nelson

If you dont need an LED you can just use a DPDT footswitch as opposed to a 3PDT, if you already have a 3PDT just leave that lug unconnected.

I will update the pic with a DPDT momentary.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

britt-stinker

Thank you very much. Now I just have to wait for the parts I need. :D