PCB template for 1590 B box

Started by soggybag, June 30, 2005, 12:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soggybag

I have been working on a PCB template for effects that would be fit inside a 1590 B box. The idea was to take all of the standard connections and have them all wired on the PCB rather than running wires through the box.

The switch in/out and DC jack are all soldered directly to the PCB. The whole thing fits into the box similar to the way the PCBs fit into the Dunlop wahs, with the jacks flush to the inside and held in place with a shoulder nut.

Here are a few pictures:

vanessa

Clipped

To Each His Tone.

vanhansen

That's very cool.  I like that idea.

I have a question on the switch pads.  It's obviously a 3PDT, but why not use the simple true-bypass method with the LED using the center pole, like here: http://www.diystompboxes.com/beginner/circswled.jpg ?
Erik

soggybag

Thanks, I have more information on my website. I started with some perfboard to measure test with parts. Then I made two pedals with a perfboard base as a proof of concept, to see if it would work.

I just had three prototype boards printed. I'm working on those right now.

The images here are the revised design. In the new design I added some pads for features that I thought would be useful and were missing from the original design.

I also have a layout for the 1590 BB sized box. This one I set up vertical, switches at the bottom of the long dimension. It has pads for a stompswitch in the center and one switch on each side. It has traces leading to all of the pads of each switch so the wiring could be customized for each switch. Though you may have to cut a trace here and there for some purposes.

vanessa

That 1590BB would be really cool too! When are you going to post it?

:D

soggybag

The switch pads and connecting traces are set up so the switch will work as a true bypass using the outer two poles for FX in (right) and FX out (left).

The center pole is used for the LED. The FX input will be grounded when the effect is by passed. All you would have to do is install the switch.

The LED is switched to ground so you would connect your resistor to pad connecting to the trace leading to the center pole of the switch pads (top center). Connect the LED to one end of the resistor and the other end of the LED to +V.

vanhansen: the image you posted is the same as my set except, on my board the LED is switched to ground and the FX input is switched to ground when the effect is bypassed.