strange problem, probably dumb mistake

Started by guitarmonky55, July 03, 2005, 08:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guitarmonky55

ok i built a zw-44 ala a pcb layout i found.  upon boxing it up(ive squeezed it all into a hammond 1590b) i find that oddly enough, i get no signal whatsoever when the dc plug is inserted(bypassed or set to go through the signal).  as soon as i remove the dc plug, the bypass signal works.  i realize this is probably a really dumb jack wiring issue, but for some reason ive been beating my head against it since last night and so far have nothing.  any ideas?

petemoore

Plug and unplug cables and test whappens with the DMM.
 Use the DMM to see what passes where [around the DC jack, V+ etc.] when...the input jack has a mono plug in it/out of it, and the Plug in/out of the DC jack.
 Check for V+ shorts to ground first, then see what voltages the circuit is seeing.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

guitarmonky55

righto, im off upstairs to hit it hard with the multimeter.  i think if i dont get it really fast im gonna tkae it all out of the box and lay it on somethign non-conductive to carry it around and prod at it, as i have a feeling the cramped space issue of the 1590b might be causing something to short.

Samuel

edited: bah, silly question nevermind