Switch Squeling???

Started by Stevo, July 04, 2005, 08:02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevo

I wired up a DPDT for true bypass with no led...Have high distortion booster circuit and it works well on the bench test...when I hook up for true bypass it squels :( ..I have tried two and the two different ways to wire it..The switch acts like some sort of bad pot but I know they are good..I have added 470k to the output to tame it a little, no good :shock: This happens a few times do I need a cap somewhere.....or is my distortion to much gain??   I think I have had this trouble with a few circuits but gave up on them.....So how can I wire DPDT switch with high gain distortion not to squel when on? Please any help is greatfull :?:
practice cause time does not stop...

petemoore

Use the outside lugs of a 3PDT...thereby separating the in/out signal paths a bit?
 Use another stage to re-invert the signal? [I didn't say re-invent the wheel ..lol].
  Blackfire [a very high gain OD] went through some 'morphs', after some encarnations reported squealing or osci problems. Joe Davisson figured out that 'mechanical electrick', another stage to invert and 'sneak' the in/out signal past each other without reacting.
 ... :oops:  lower the gain or try using slight signal path to ground caps [?].
 This type of thing may be tricky [trial and error] to isolate...shielding?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Andi

Quote from: petemooreshielding?

That'd be what I'd try first, I think. Particularly the "return" from the effect circuit and the output wire.

Stevo

After countless trys and tearing up my tone control and all the switching of switchs :( ....The simple thing fixed it a cap from the end signal to ground :oops:   Man this thing has drive still no squeling...One pot guess I will put it in a box and call it fet booster.......no real tone changes so it is alright....dual booster like AMZ w/J201 they wail  :roll: ..Thanks
practice cause time does not stop...