Ea Tremelo COOL guys!!!

Started by Stevo, July 04, 2005, 10:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevo

Wired up a EA tremelo from Rungroove really cool layouts and stuff :D ...I had to debug some of my stuff but after using a 50K and a 4.7 from the output of the rate control it worked really cool....The 100K seemed to send it out of phase when all the way turned and it took a while to relearn I guess...until it would trem again.. the contol of the rate now is in a real nice in between I guess settting..Rungroove people must be really cool Thanks :lol: ...anybody else try this???
practice cause time does not stop...

Transmogrifox

I couldn't ever get mine to work because I kept forgetting dumb stuff and only had 2 JFETs.  I burned both of them up before I could ever get the circuit right.

Anyway, I ended up using the LFO and made a PWM based trem that sounded pretty good.  I do like the LFO.

In either case, it's a real neat simple design that works out well for avoiding the LED/LDR assembly and still sounds good (from what I can determine from audio clips I've heard)
trans·mog·ri·fy
tr.v. trans·mog·ri·fied, trans·mog·ri·fy·ing, trans·mog·ri·fies To change into a different shape or form, especially one that is fantastic or bizarre.

Sam

I'd like to build myself a really mean choppy tremolo. I don't really need a refined "nice sounding one" since I use the "vibrato" om my Deluxe Reverb for those sounds.

Can you make this one really really fast?
"Where's the paper bag that holds the liquor?
Just in case I feel the need to puke." - Silver Jews

octafish

choppy trem= kay trem.
A build report was posted recently. Schem is at GGG, cool circuit.
Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it. -Last words of Breaker Morant

KORGULL

I like my EA trem alot.
I used three 0.68uF caps instead of the three 1.0uF near the rate control to enable  faster speeds, then installed a half-speed switch so it can still slow way down. I learned about the half-speed switch from a diagram Dragonfly posted some time ago - except I used a 91K resistor across one set of lugs instead of the 50K he suggested. I think mine has a MPSA18 in it instead of the 5088 for a little more depth too.
-Really nice circuit, and easy to build on a small perfboard.

Sam

Quote from: octafishchoppy trem= kay trem.
A build report was posted recently. Schem is at GGG, cool circuit.

Great! Thanks!
"Where's the paper bag that holds the liquor?
Just in case I feel the need to puke." - Silver Jews

sovtek50

Quote from: SamI'd like to build myself a really mean choppy tremolo. I don't really need a refined "nice sounding one" since I use the "vibrato" om my Deluxe Reverb for those sounds.

Can you make this one really really fast?

Yes you can make it fast, if you replace the 1uF-cap-trio with 0,47 uF's. Or make them switchable with a 3PDT-toggle, like I did. However, the EA will still be a nice-sounding trem device.
I haven't tried the Kay, but if you want it choppy and superfast, you can't go wrong with the (old) EH Pulsar (Tonepad.com). Really outer-space. sine- and square-wave is even switchable.
A circuit a day keeps the therapist away.