Tonepad Jen wah/volume issues

Started by vanessa, July 06, 2005, 01:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanessa

I was searching the forum and did not come up with anything on this.

After building the Tonepad Jen wah/volume project I have found that once the wah action has been set to optimal player’s taste the volume part of the pedal does not shut off all the way in the heel back position.
http://www.tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=59

I've been doing some research and found that on the Roland EV-5 volume pedal there is a variable resistor (50k) that allows you to set the pedals full off. http://www.worldofschmitt.com/projects/roland_ev5/ev-5-schematics.html

I also have been messing around with resistor values on the volume section of the tonepad layout and have not found a way to get it to go 'full off'.

Any tips? Tricks?

:roll:

Bernardduur

I bump this because I have the same problem....... any help?
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

Maybe you can adjust the potentiometer so that it works with the volume setting and then adjust the wah sweep range by changing the related capacitors.

This is just an idea and you'd have to research it. Read geofex.com 's technology of the wah pedal.

I have never done the volume mod, but that wah sounds terrific.

Fp
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

Jakeb

QuoteI've been doing some research and found that on the Roland EV-5 volume pedal there is a variable resistor (50k) that allows you to set the pedals full off. http://www.worldofschmitt.com/projects/roland_ev5/ev-5-schematics.html

Roland ev-5 is an expression pedal, not really a guitar volume pedal so this schematic is a little different from an ordinary guitar volume pedal.

I think almost all passive volume pedals (except ernie ball) have some sort of tone suckin issues or problems in cutting the signal off when the pedal is pulled up.

Bernardduur

Quote from: Fp-www.Tonepad.com on October 07, 2005, 11:45:29 AM
Maybe you can adjust the potentiometer so that it works with the volume setting and then adjust the wah sweep range by changing the related capacitors.

This is just an idea and you'd have to research it. Read geofex.com 's technology of the wah pedal.

I have never done the volume mod, but that wah sounds terrific.

Fp

Done it, did not work.

Will search GEO again

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

For the volume mod to work you'll need the wah pot to go all the way to zero.

The pots on crybabys don't use 100% of their sweep. So that's why you can't mute the sound completely. In order to be able to do so you'd have to adjust the pot in the wah (rotate it while the rack is not in contact with the pinion). But that'd mess up with the wah part, so here's my advice:

You'll need to change the range cap (the 0.01 cap at the emiter of q2) to 0.002uF (maybe add a socket so you can experiment with values between 0.001uF and 0.005uF). And then adjust the wah pot so that when the pedal is full back, it's in the end of it's rotation.

Fp
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

Bernardduur