Torchy, if you're out there...

Started by Connoisseur of Distortion, July 08, 2005, 07:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Connoisseur of Distortion

Just wanted you to know that your layout for the Crash Sync, by John Hollis, works perfectly! It even remains silent when i have the guitar on, effect on, and strings undampened.

for those of you insofar unblessed by the sweet tones the crash sync brings forth, it sounds like a fuzz/OD (a thick, thick one) with an LFO doing a flange-ish thing to your highs. it also has a threshold before it makes a distorted note, so by careful placement of your guitar volume (or putting a pot on the input, to control what it feeds the circuit), you can make your guitar sputter and fart with ordinary playing!

the only thing with the layout that seemed wrong was the trimmer. i, presonally, really enjoy having the frequency control on the panel, so that i can change between some reeeeeeeeeally weird tones.

so yeah. back on track. Thanks Torchy! I'm verifying your layout!  :D

octafish

Cool, I've got that layout saved on my hard drive. It sounds like a refined uglyface in the clips I've heard, does it play like one?
Ha! someone down here should design a similar thing, hmm lets see.
American- rugged and powerful
English- refined and sophisticated
Australian- Drunken lurching and a tendency to have a pitch shift up at the end of musical phrases :)
Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it. -Last words of Breaker Morant