Help tracing out a mini Q-tron!

Started by sir_modulus, July 10, 2005, 10:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sir_modulus

Hey all,

I just decided to finally begin tracing out my mini q-tron. I'll take shots of the front/back of the board this afternoon. I was wondering what I should do after that?

Cheers,

Nish

nelson

Do you have a scanner?

If you scan the back of the board, then trace over the pic  using a vector based graphics program like MS visio, power point, fireworks MX etc
Mark all the diff components and their values on the picture of component side of board and mark offboard connections.
You can then use the photos of the top of the board to make a layout, from there you can draw a schematic. Simply flip horizontally the traced out copepr side of board and its ready for PnP use.

I wouldnt mind the scans and pics myself for the collection :)
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

sir_modulus

oh, I am postin' em on here! I've taken the pics, and am just iding the components.

Cheers,

Nish

sir_modulus

Post Temporarily Removed by author

Thanks,

Nish

jimbob

"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

nelson

http://geofex.com/Article_Folders/howtrace.htm

It is a method suggesed by RG. Doesnt it take diamond to scratch glass anyway? I am sure if you are gentle it will be fine.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

markr04

:shock: Oooohhh... yessssss... please do post a layout for this!
Pardon my poor English. I'm American.

sir_modulus

Post Temporarily Removed

Thanks,

Nish

StephenGiles

Pardon me for breathing, but was there not some sort of general agreement that folks would not do this to current EH PRODUCTS?
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

sir_modulus

I'm sorry stephan...I wasn't aware of this. I have removed the pictures until further notice. If someone could alert me further on the matter (as to wether this is allowed or not), that would be great.

Cheers,

Nish

nelson

I was not aware of that at all.......I completely forgot the Q-tron was a relatively new design aswell.....

:roll:
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

markr04

Quote from: sir_modulusI'm sorry stephan...I wasn't aware of this. I have removed the pictures until further notice. If someone could alert me further on the matter (as to wether this is allowed or not), that would be great.

Cheers,

Nish

Maybe we all need to be alerted about this. Isn't the Big Muff Pi still current? And I wonder why Boss, Ibanez, MXR, and countless others are not under the same agreement...
Pardon my poor English. I'm American.

nelson

Quote from: markr04
Quote from: sir_modulusI'm sorry stephan...I wasn't aware of this. I have removed the pictures until further notice. If someone could alert me further on the matter (as to wether this is allowed or not), that would be great.

Cheers,

Nish

Maybe we all need to be alerted about this. Isn't the Big Muff Pi still current? And I wonder why Boss, Ibanez, MXR, and countless others are not under the same agreement...

I wonder the same thing. It may just be puretubes pedals.......You have to respect that however, as he will have signed some sort of non-disclosure agreement and he could be found in breach if he is found to be posting on a forum that contributes to "clones" of these pedals.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

sir_modulus

Anyone know about this stuff for sure?

Cheers,

Nish

nelson

Quote from: sir_modulusAnyone know about this stuff for sure?

Cheers,

Nish

sorry, I have to ask. Whats with the "Nish"?
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

sir_modulus

that's my name, don't wear it out  8)

nelson

My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

sir_modulus

For anything and everything that goes Bump in the night!

spudulike

AFAIK the only sacred cows here are ZVex schems and EH schems that puretube had input to (ie the tube stuff ?)

Would like to see the tracing results myself though   :twisted:

sir_modulus