Suck Factor of 10!

Started by jmusser, July 13, 2005, 03:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmusser

Well, after Marty's rave review of the Ring Frobnicator (especially the tremolo feature), I decided to build it. I got done with it, and tried to fire it up. After taking a couple voltage readings from a nice quiet pedal, I found out that I had +9V tied to ground, and the battery was starting to get nice and warm :roll: . I queried Marty about my interpretation the the Hollis schematic, and then he tells me he had used the one on GEO. I had no idea there was one there, and had used the one off the Hollis site. Oh Man! The Hollis schematic had stuff grounded that wasn't supposed to be, the inverters wired backwards, and never did say that all the power connections were actually supposed to be the divided voltage of 3.2, and not +9 volts! Besides that, I put the whole mess on too small of a piece of perf board, and have it packed in there like digging through a bowl of spaghetti. I have no idea now on whether to try to save it, or use it for a fishing lure! :x Thanks for letting me vent forumites. It's like Rodney Dangerfield said " I was making love to this girl, and she started crying". I asked " What's wrong honey, you'll hate yourself in the morning"? "No" she said, "I hate myself now"!
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

Bernardduur

Did you use the handwritten schematic?
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

jmusser

Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

Bernardduur

OK..... I have the schematic and noticed "too" many earth connections and two forms to write earth down, so I guess he should have made the schematic a bit better...

Just unsolder everything and start again I guess... Happenend a lot to me before.
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account