Electric mistress 9v version

Started by Storing!, July 14, 2005, 12:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storing!

Hi

Did anybody try the 9v Electric mistress version found here:
http://www.angelfire.com/ego/sitruuna/images/mistress3.jpg
I bretboarded it. doesn't work but I get the strangest voltages. Were it reads 7,5 in the schem I measure 2,7. Way to low..

Besides that, the file on sad1024 thats on geofex, it reads that this chip needs a min of 10 v to work.

Any ideas if this schem is valid?

Thanks, Eric
Eric

puretube

Hi Eric storing!

never trust a schemonthe web - some say: never blindly...

imho, that 7.5V should read: 4.5V, and that 1.7V around 1V,
when operated from 9V supply...

those voltages in the schem would actually apply for a 15V supply...

Bernardduur

I have an original 9V Electric Mistress
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

Storing!

Thanks puretube.

Well I wanted to make a 9v version (easier in the powersupply area).
I already made the 15 V with internal powersupply. Got one SAD left so.

I guess I'll try to get it working, if it doesnt on 9v I'll just remake it into the 15V version and use a chargepump.

Eric
Eric

puretube

chargepump can cause troubles...

been at the site that posted the 9V schem... now I`m calling Stephen Giles!

Bernardduur

He Nederlander...... Dacht al dat ik iets Nederlands in je naam zag.....

He Dutchie..... thought I saw something Dutch in your name.....

StephenGiles

Hello, what's the problem??
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

puretube

the Hemmo-site states he got the schems from you, Stephen....
both the 18V and the 9V schems show the same 7.5V bias voltage
indicated after the buffered bias voltage-divider...
can`t be 7.5, when 9V gets divided by 2 200k resistors...  :?:

Storing!

Hallo

Ja erg Nederlands ;) mijn band heet Storing!

The problem is, it just wont work. The voltage readings after the zener are so low (2.7 v), I just don't think the BBD can work on it. I can't even imagine the opamps working properly. The point is, I know there is a 9 v Mistress and indeed chargepunos can give trouble. (I build a Neutron and still have a 10K wine in the signal.)

So before taking resort to the charge pump and the deluxe version, I'm just curious if this is the right schem. The problem seems to lie in teh left lower side where the zener is. The rest is more or les the same as the dluxe, so no pr there. So I think the problem lies in teh way this thing is powered and the question.. can it work this way?

Eric
Eric

puretube

zijn we dus al met z`n drieen in een topic...  :P

(so we`re already 3 of us in 1 topic)

Bernardduur

I used this schematic (and got it checked by EHX) to repair my original (the thing is really sensitive about the amout of power going in; I burnt it by using a daisy chained PSU). All I know is that the power section of the schematic is the real deal.

Oh, and that the trimpots determine of there is any signal. Slightly turning them results in complete breakdown and oscillation. DO NOT TURN THESE.

OT: I had mine modded by EHX (free) to get rid of the volume drop both engaged as not engaged. Have pics of the modded unit for comparison.

puretube

the schem itself may be ok - but I don`t get 7.5V out of a buffered
9V-divider with 2 equal (200k) resistors...

Storing!

Hi

A pic woudl be really helpfull.

I build the deluxe version earlier. This also had a slight volume drop. I fixed it to place a small Fet buffer in front of it.
Experimented with in front and back of the flanger. In front made it even sound better .

Eric
Eric

StephenGiles

Quote from: puretubethe Hemmo-site states he got the schems from you, Stephen....
both the 18V and the 9V schems show the same 7.5V bias voltage
indicated after the buffered bias voltage-divider...
can`t be 7.5, when 9V gets divided by 2 200k resistors...  :?:

No of course it can't. Let me check with the original EH circuits - which I just happen to have with me. OK - my fault, on the 2 battery version it does indicate 7.5 volts after the voltage divider buffer which I entered on my redraw. I suspect that when I redrew the 1 battery version, I simply copied the Excel sheet and amended the parts as necessary, except I failed (Oh dear) to change the 7.5v to 4.5v.

Nevertheless, if you connect up the parts in the right place it will work. A Standard Electric Mistress will work off9v and so will a deluxe Electric Mistress with altered bias preset, albeit with reduced performance.

Anyone connected up a bounce circuit to an Electric Mistress yet??
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Storing!

Hi

The deluxe will also work on 9v? Hmmm maybe thats worth a try ;)
Thanks for the help so far.

Eric
Eric

Storing!

Got the breadboarded version working.
I noiced that half the flip flop is used and that the delay is daisy chained.
Has anybody tried to split the bbd and run ir of 2 LFo's?

Must be a nice experiment

Eric
Eric