Thanks Aron Cool projects

Started by Stevo, July 16, 2005, 09:14:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevo

Has anybody done any of these i am going to do a couple of them just wing it I guess they are easy and look really cool.. here is the page http://members.shaw.ca/roma/wah.html   I will let you know when i finish some of them Thanks The attack decay sounds interesting :lol:
practice cause time does not stop...

RickL

I've built several of the projects on that  page and they all work to one degree or another. I think you will be a little disappointed with the Attack Decay. You have to press the button each time you play a note to get the envelope modification you want.

Although they're more involved projects I think you would be much happier with the PAiA Gator or the Boss Slow Gear for that type of sound. There's also another envelope modification type pedal floating around somewhere (Attack Control?... something like that) that works pretty well too. If I had to pick only one it would be the Gator.

Stevo

Yeah I did one today I wasnt inpressed it must be like you said you have to use the button and I dont have it in a box so I cant really see how that works since I had to stop playing hit the button then see the sound  :(   I dont know if it is worth tinkering with? The gator gate is a noise gate but you can adjust it to work opposite and swell the note!!!!! I dont think they sell them anymore but I have one new not built yet saving it for a rainy day I guess :D ...Is the wah swell disappointing? Thanks
practice cause time does not stop...

RickL

According to the PAiA web site the Gator is still available. It works very well as an attack controller, every bit as well as the Boss Slow Gear in my opinion. It won't let you control the decay of the note like some similar effects will though.