BBD based harmonizer. Results, measurements and comments.

Started by Dirk_Hendrik, July 21, 2005, 06:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirk_Hendrik

Pretty well but out of tune for many notes. Same problem, samples which weren't stiched together at the right moment.
More stuff, less fear, less  hassle and less censoring? How 'bout it??. To discuss what YOU want to discuss instead of what others decide for you. It's possible...

But not at diystompboxes.com...... regrettably

puretube

it might be of help synchronizing the resp. BBD-clocks
and the analog-switching
with the master-clock generator via some and-gates,
to get the edges of f/2, f/4, f/1024, and f/2048 simultaneously...

balancing the BBD-outputs can improve s/n ratio...

A.S.P.

tried those proposals?
(bumped for the recent "clean octave" thread)
Analogue Signal Processing

GFR

Quote from: StephenGiles on July 21, 2005, 08:07:36 AM
Absolutely fascinating, thanks for all that. About 25 years ago, ETI were dumb enough to pay me (not very much) for a rough design of a BBD Harmoniser in their Tech Tips section!
Stephen

I have this issue of ETI. :)

A.S.P.

Analogue Signal Processing

Dirk_Hendrik

Quote from: A.S.P. on November 22, 2005, 03:02:44 PM
tried those proposals?
(bumped for the recent "clean octave" thread)

Which is a thread that pushed me to the verge of leaving this forum for what it is.  ::)

As for the question, No.
Over the last few months a lot of my time was spend on work (one's got to make a living), finishing up other projects among which:
http://www.dirk-hendrik.com/images/wobclone.jpg,

,doing some other "custom jobs" for fellow players, working on some other projects as well as doing a lot of repairs and mods.

That doesn't mean that the whole thing has left my mind. What I need to have is some free weekend to set up a decent digital hardware platform (as mentioned earlier in this thread) and start to work on code, most likely ging from a one to one copy (does the AD-DA stuff work properly, through delay (setting up a decent circular buffer for the samples) to harmonizing again. Right now most likely my starting point will be working on 0-detection with semi intelligent guesstimate how many input cycles my buffer can store before getting to the end of that buffer. This means the buffer will have a max length but the actual length will constantly change and depend on the input frequency. Another thing which needs to be taken in consideration is the slope of the input wave. Is it going down or up when going though 0. This to avoid that two positive(or negative) sides of the wave can be "glued" together.

When reading older patents I realize this is partially re-inventing the harmonizer wheel. However, since the material can be quite complex this is (at least for me) the easiest way of understanding the problems involved in harmonizing.
More stuff, less fear, less  hassle and less censoring? How 'bout it??. To discuss what YOU want to discuss instead of what others decide for you. It's possible...

But not at diystompboxes.com...... regrettably