MXR Zakk Wylde questions

Started by Fumi SG, July 24, 2005, 03:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fumi SG

I just printed out the schematic of the MXR ZW-44 for a friend. There I noticed there are some parts connected to 4.5 Volts, but how do I get 4.5 Volts since it works on a 9V battery or adapter?? Do I get the 4.5 Volts with the circuitry shown in the lower left-corner (in the blue circel)??

I've put the parts that are supposed be connected to 4.5 Volts in a red circel...

->here is the schematic<-

puretube

Fumi SG

so the 4.5Volts parts should be wired ->this<- way, right??

puretube

precies!
(the red circle "makes" the 4.5V;
the arrows labeled 4.5V "need/use it").
:)

Fumi SG

Then I had some other questions about this one. What do the numbers at the in- and output (1-5) and the accompanying arrows mean??

And another question. What are you supposed to do with '4' and '8' in blue-circeled bit (that converts 9V to 4.5V)?? You see a wire and it's interrupted, how do you solder that??

petemoore

-If I knew I'd tell you. I've never seen 'em like that and can't make much sense of them.
 I'd ignore the numbers and wire the circuit board, then add the DPDT or 3PDT switch and jacks.
 There's a picture of true bypass wiring examples at AMZ iirc.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Branimir

um, is that a TL072 or something else, i fail to see where the IC's name is on the schem ;)

hm.. this thing looks like a mxr dist+ ;)
Umor

Built: Fuzz Face, Small Stone, Trem Lune, Fet Muff, Big Muff (green), Fuxx Face, Son of Screamer, Rat, Rebote 2.5, Opamp Big Muff, EA Tremolo, Easyvibe, Axis Face Si

gaussmarkov

Quote from: Fumi SGThen I had some other questions about this one. What do the numbers at the in- and output (1-5) and the accompanying arrows mean??

And another question. What are you supposed to do with '4' and '8' in blue-circeled bit (that converts 9V to 4.5V)?? You see a wire and it's interrupted, how do you solder that??
i believe the numbers on the in and out are the pin numbers for a surface mount jack.  And the 4 and 8 probably refer to pins 4 and 8 of the ic.

Fumi SG

Quote from: Branimirum, is that a TL072 or something else, i fail to see where the IC's name is on the schem ;)

hmz... it says PPEA 33178 7 U1B, and (there's another one!) PPEA 33178 1 U1A. Anyone?? :P

@gaussmarkov... so I can just ignore the numbers on the in- and output jacks?? And you say '4' and '8' refer to the pins of the IC, but which IC??

MartyMart

Quote from: Fumi SG
Quote from: Branimirum, is that a TL072 or something else, i fail to see where the IC's name is on the schem ;)

hmz... it says PPEA 33178 7 U1B, and (there's another one!) PPEA 33178 1 U1A. Anyone?? :P

@gaussmarkov... so I can just ignore the numbers on the in- and output jacks?? And you say '4' and '8' refer to the pins of the IC, but which IC??

There's only "one" ic , its a standard dual opamp, such as : 4558/NE5532
TL072/OPA1324  etc etc, they have 8 pins which supply "two halfs" or
two "single" opamps in one small package :
Pins 1/2/3 and 5/6/7 are wired like the schematic, pin 4 will connect to
ground and pin 8 will connect to 9 volts.
That's what it means on the schem, O1A and O1B are the two "halfs"
Cheers,
Marty
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Fumi SG

so the schematic shows two symbols, but in fact there is just one single IC...Thanks! You've explained it VERY well! :wink:

gaussmarkov

Quote from: Fumi SG

yep (except i should of said "pcb mount" instead of "surface mount")! :D