Tremulus Lune Symmetry Mod

Started by BAM, July 25, 2005, 06:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BAM

So i thought id throw in the symmetry mod while im building my tremulus lune. It calls for a 500k linear pot, but i have had no luck in finding one. small bear doesnt have it and i need it for Wed, so mouser is out. and ive called probably 8 local stores...nothing. is this value even correct? or is there an alternative value?

travissk

When you say you need it for Wednesday, is this for a performance, or are you giving the pedal to someone else? I suppose what I'm getting at, is could you live with it being incomplete for a little while?

I ask because the symmetry mod is a completely off-board mod that seems to take a pot, two cheap diodes, and a wire. Worst-case scenario, drill your enclosure as if you had the symmetry mod done, put the artwork on, and optionally stick a spare pot (any value) in the hole for

If it needs to be absolutely final, then I'd either say forget the symmetry mod or experiment with either 100K or 1M linear pots. I took a quick look at the symmetry mod last week and need to run off to a lab right now, but if I remember right, you might be able to get away with something like 1M.  

If the pedal is for your own use and no one else can confirm that the 1M will work fine, then I'd definitely recommend planning to do the mod in the future and finishing your pedal now. It's a very simple off-board mod that you could do in a few minutes once you have the necessary parts.

Good luck!

MartyMart

If you have other values, try this :
1M linear pot with a 1M resistor from lugs 1 to 3
1M log pot with a 500k from lugs 1 to 2 and 500k from lugs 2 to 3
etc....

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com