Found transparent adhesive decals for Injet in Canada!

Started by Melanhead, July 26, 2005, 06:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melanhead

Well, I've been playing with the idea of decals for some of the pedals I'm going to build but was having a hard time finding anything in town that was transparent and adhesive...

Well here's what I found ...

Staples stocks this : "Xerox Window Decal Film For Inkjet/Bubblejet Printers" ... It helps when you explain what your looking for to a helpful staff member. I usually wonder around a store thinking I could find it myself. Been to Staples 5 or 6 times wondering around before I asked! DOH!

Works very well ... will post pix of the new decal pedal when it's done.

I'm still looking for a similar adhesive ( not water ) decal film that's usable in a laser printer if anyone knows of any.

sir_modulus

Fret Wire

I can't seem to locate it on either Staples' or Xerox' websites. Does it have a model # or product code?
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Melanhead

I couldn't finb it online either ... very weird indeed but it's called Xerox Window Decal Film For Inkjet/Bubblejet Printers ....

I'll check when I get home, I'm assuming it has some part or model number.

BDuguay

This is good news! Thank you fellow Canuckian.
Now I have to decide whether I buy a new printer head for my older, but probably better, Canon printer or, for about 20 bucks more, buy a new Canon printer that will likely need replacing in a year.
B.

spudulike

I use inkjet only media (decals and transparencies) in my Konica-Minolta laser printer with no problems. I always select "heavy stock" setting and keep the temperature down.

Melanhead

Quote from: spudulikeI use inkjet only media (decals and transparencies) in my Konica-Minolta laser printer with no problems. I always select "heavy stock" setting and keep the temperature down.

Hmmm ... that's good to know ...

Melanhead

re-order # 544P15711

it's called "Xerox Color Inkjet Window Decals" on the package.

Mark Hammer

Found some today.  NOT cheap!  Priced at roughly $13.50 for 5 sheets.  One of those things where one saves up a bunch of images that one wants to print, and then you run off a big job.

Melanhead

Quote from: Mark HammerFound some today.  NOT cheap!  Priced at roughly $13.50 for 5 sheets.  One of those things where one saves up a bunch of images that one wants to print, and then you run off a big job.

Yup :)

Fret Wire

Thanks, I'll check it out. :)   I'm always on the hunt for better decal systems.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Melanhead

it's funny but now that I've found 'em I may just keep on hand painting them ... I like the look  ... maybe a hybrid of the two! ...

I did make decals to stick on my modded pedal and they look great!

ezanker

Melanhead

Quote from: ezankerHow do the edges look when you're done?

Sorry for the late reply ... they look great! Check here :

http://diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=35960