Baking enclosures in a gas oven?

Started by SonicVI, July 26, 2005, 05:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonicVI

Something tells me it's not necessarily a good idea to do this, but is it the paint or the aerosol propellant or both that's actually the flammable part of spray paint? Would it probably be ok since the flame in the oven is nowhere near where the box will be?  I don't really feel like going out and buying a toaster oven just to bake a few boxes.

Bernardduur

Hmm, good question.

I usually bake my pedals on a stove (just turn on the heat under it). Works like a charm.

High fire = deep dark color
Low fire = normal color

Keep in mind to turn a few times; when the pains is bladdering you are too far and need to start all over.
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

markr04

I couldn't say if there is risk of fire or explosion, but the fumes associated with baking are noxious for you and anyone else in the house. It's that burning sensation in the nose and lungs...
Pardon my poor English. I'm American.

Fret Wire

With the paints that we use, all baking does is speed up the curing and hardening time. Intense heat isn't needed for the paints we use. 150f or less is all you need.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

thumposaurus

go to a thrift store and pick up a cheap toaster oven, you don't want to be bakeing boxes in the same oven you cook your food in.
Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!