Tremulus smooth ?s

Started by keninverse, July 31, 2005, 03:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keninverse

so everthing seems to work and except the smooth knob does not do a lot. Probably because there's something wrong with the LFO. I can see a notable lag on my CRO when the LFO voltage reaches it's max and min. I figured it's gotta be a cap that's not charging/discharging correctly. so I scoped around and the 10nF feedback cap shows glitches at the same instant where I can see the voltage lag. When LFO voltage gets high it gliches versa for the low voltage. You guys think it may be this cap? should I put something smaller there? Maybe the VTL5c2 is just waayy too slow.  I'm using the tonepad layout...

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

It's unusual for a cap to screw up like that. I'd put a cap in at 1/10 of the value, for a start.

keninverse

I'll try that.
I was also noticing on the VTLC2 datasheet that these are pretty "slow" compared to some of their cousins.  could this be an issue?

keninverse

finished the box.  The smaller caps helps a bit but the glitch is still there.  I think there's more of an issue with decoupling the power rails of the IC.  I'll check this out and report back.