You're so sensitive "Fuzz Face"

Started by Jacob, August 05, 2005, 06:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Hello everybody...(Sorry my english)

I have finished to build a maxi-stompbox. I mean, I have set all circuits (fuzz face, tubetype dist, ch-1mod, rebote delay2, orange squeezer and ic buffer) in a diy enclosure. I set Fuzz Face near de tubetype distortion: http://www.muzique.com/schem/louis.gif
After I connected all things, I played through tubetype distortion (I added the tube driver tone control to it) and no problem, it sound really good to me, but when I played through Fuzz Face (Q1 2N527,Q2 2N3906) at max gain, a terrible click sound (fuzz face make rare noises, but not this), I tried to change the power supply etc... but no solution.
The day after, I opened this thing, and plugged in my guitar with the fuzz face on, I toke the fuzz face and...wow,the pulse didn't sound so loud. After, I moved it around the enclosure and surprise...  :shock: when it is near tubytype the click sound. Later, I disconnected the tubetype from power supply and no click on fuzz face, ok. In order to experiment, I connected it to the power supply when fuzz face on, click,click, click.....I tried everything, but while I was setting the drive trimpot of tubetype, the click on fuzz face was changed his frequency too. :o
I suspect that something in the tubetype pcb generate an electromagnetic field or something around, probably the zener diodes?

Could you say me how can I put pics here?Thanksssssssssssssssss :D
(Please, sorry my english  :lol: )