Colors? You Want COLORS??

Started by smallbearelec, August 07, 2005, 12:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smallbearelec

I have stock of these very nice boxes by Toadworks.

http://www.smallbearelec.com/Search.bok?category=Enclosures

To anticipate questions: I can't offer other colors till next year when I expect to have more room for stock. Small orders of the red/white/blue will be shipped from stock; larger orders will be drop-shipped by the factory and are subject to production scheduling.

Yes, Jack, I know you want nice red #1510 clone knobs to use against the blue box. I will be placing the order with the vendor tomorrow evening when Taiwan opens for biz.

Regards
SD

jimbob

Damn nice Steve! I likey like! Gives me that tingling sensation inside. Good idea! Loking forward to giving them a try.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

nosamiam

SWEET!! Unfortunately, the two projects I'm starting are too big for BB's.  Well, I hope they sell well and you decide to keep them around.  Very nice looking product, Steve.

Plosive

Great idea and great price. I would love to stop painting enclosures.

How difficult is drilling these boxes? Are more colors available if you order in a large enough quantity for the drop shippment? If so, what other colors are available and how many would you have to order?

Mark Hammer

Other colors?  OTHER colors?!

He's got red, he's got white, he's got blue.  To even suggest any other colors would be......un-American!   :lol:

To those who deeply appreciate Steve's desire to have as much usable inventory for DIY-ers as is humanly possible, keep in mind that 100 delay chips and 500 germanium transistors still doesn't take up as much room as two 1590BB-size boxes.  In that respect, one should anticipate that inventory for small things expands faster than inventory for big things.

MjS

Very cool, nice prices!

Too bad shipping to the Netherlands will be so darn expensive with enclosures...

waldo041

F$#@!   :oops:
I just order two taiwanese bb's from the cave friday! i sure wish i knew those were coming! they look great steve, i hope i can get my order changed. i sent you an email request.

peace,
waldo :oops:

waldo041

the cave rocks!!!  you all know this already. i just had a prayered answered and am truly grateful that such a small business can provide such a great service. thanks steve.

peace,
waldo

petemoore

Gettin' up some bukko's so I can 'Get it' at SB...Thanks Steve.
 ...all the Lawyerly Jibber Jabber [unaffiliated...lol].
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

smallbearelec

Mark--

Yesterday, my assistant and I spent several very sweaty hours moving all the inventory from my existing locker to a larger one in the same facility. This move should have been obvious as the stock got out-of-paw again, but I can be slow; the idea came to me when I was contemplating Judy's reaction to having more stuff accumulate in our living space.

This room will do through year-end, by which time I expect to have found a place of business in the nabe. Even that won't be huge, perhaps 500-600 square feet, but it will make a big difference in my ability to expand the stock list and the business.

More on this in the State Of The Cave next month.
SD

Melanhead

Wicked! ....  thanks Steve.

Primus

I am going to cram a small stone into one of the red boxes. I have a project coming up for the DOD envelope filter. If you get the 125-sized boxes powder coated in the fall, i'll take one (shouldn't Toadworks do green?)

Respect concrete!

Paul Marossy

gaussmarkov

hey steve,

the blue box pictured isn't painted all over, like the red and white one.  is it really different that way?

cheers!

virtualtoad

Quote from: gaussmarkovhey steve,

the blue box pictured isn't painted all over, like the red and white one.  is it really different that way?

cheers!

Actually, the bue box IS painted all over.

Primus

Steve,

Is there a demand for more colors and sizes? I'd buy.

John