"going postal" on futurlec

Started by wampcat1, August 11, 2005, 04:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wampcat1

UGH!! I should've done a search before placing an order with them!!!!!!
Does anyone have a phone number to them at the new york location? any other ways of emailing them?

Thanks,
Brian

Coriolis

Eh? Having problems? They've always come through for me. Seemed like their website was down a for a day or two recently, but it's back up. Other than that they've delivered...
Check out some free drum loops and other sounds at my site: http://www.christiancoriolis.com

wampcat1

Quote from: CoriolisEh? Having problems? They've always come through for me. Seemed like their website was down a for a day or two recently, but it's back up. Other than that they've delivered...

Yes, I can't even get an email back responding...no phone number, nothing!

nelson

They were pretty prompt replying to my emails.....still havent got those 3PDT toggles I ordered though  :x  :x  :x  :roll:
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

PurpleTheory

dude, i feel your pain. i paid double for shipping thinking it would arrive more quickly. it took them 4 weeks to even PROCESS my !@#$%* order, defeating the purpose of the expedited shipping. i also sent them 2 emails to which they never responded to. nice way to run a business.

audioguy

I've had nothing but good luck with them. Its a bummer to hear your having such trouble.

Anyone know if Smallbears turnaround time has improved?

soggybag

THOSE GUYS ARE SO SLOW!  I wait weeks to get every order I made with them.

The parts are cheap and the shipping is cheap. But it is all offset by the quality of service.

I really like the little boxy mylar caps they have. I can't seem to find caps the same small size in the mouser catalog.

The Tone God

Your welcome.

Your Tone God,

Andrew

wampcat1

Quote from: soggybagTHOSE GUYS ARE SO SLOW!  I wait weeks to get every order I made with them.

The parts are cheap and the shipping is cheap. But it is all offset by the quality of service.

I really like the little boxy mylar caps they have. I can't seem to find caps the same small size in the mouser catalog.

digikey has very small caps similar to that (metal film). The part numbers I use are at http://www.guitartone.net/buyparts.htm

Brian

wampcat1

Quote from: The Tone GodYour welcome.

Your Tone God,

Andrew

:lol:

AL

Futurlec has a pretty bad reputation around here. I ordered from them once. It took a few weeks to get my order which wasn't ridiculous but it wasn't quick either. I won't be ordering from them again.

QuoteAnyone know if Smallbears turnaround time has improved?

I've never had any trouble ordering from Steve. I just recieved an order from him. It took about a week total and I don't have paypal - I had to send a check. That's pretty good service in my book. He's not Mouser fast but he is a one man operation. He was on vacation for a while but he usually posts when he's backed up or closed down for a few weeks.

AL

Joe Hart

I read all of the bas things about them, but ordered from them anyway (about 5 months ago), the stuff came about a week and a half later. No problems. Just weighing in on the discussion...
-Joe Hart

WildMountain

I might have been lucky too, but I received my resistors, tranny's, caps, etc within 1 week over here in Holland.

doug deeper

i orderd with them...took about a week...
there pcb prices are insanly good...i think id be willing to wait a while to check them out.

primalphunk

I've had no experience with futurlec but Steve at Smallbear is totally on top of things.  To put it another way...My mouser ordering experience is like eating out at McDonalds and Smallbear is a little more like going to a five star joint.  You feel a lot less like your meal was made for you before you arrived & then quickly nuked when you order from Smallbear. :wink: ...It seems like Steve is concerned with quality first then he worries about efficiency.  That's a breath of fresh air in my book.

just my two copper pieces,
James

smallbearelec

For right now, turnaround time from the Cave is is very good, usually two business days from receipt of payment to shipping. The recovery from last year is due mostly to the efficiencies of the back office of my shopping cart. Also, I am planning to move my shop out of my home so that I can handle more volume, partiucularly come holiday season.

Regards
SD

nelson

I can vouch for that, order shipped the day after I ordered!

Thanks Steve.

Cant wait to get my hands on those germs, got my breadboard ready  :D
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Coriolis

Yeah, thumbs up for SB! I received my stuff a few days after ordering and I live in Europe. No fancy shipping methods either, just whatever is standard with SB.

Guess it looks like Futurlec are highly variable both in terms of speed and service. I've had them add stuff to orders already placed, subbing parts they didn't have, etc. Nothing fancy, just the standard of service I would expect.
I'll keep ordering from them (and SB) until they give me reason not to. Which seems to have been the case for others. :(  Hope you guys have more luck with them in the future.

C
Check out some free drum loops and other sounds at my site: http://www.christiancoriolis.com