News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

mn3207

Started by kefestvog, August 13, 2005, 01:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kefestvog

what's a good beginner's project that uses MN3207 chips?  I'm looing for links, schematics, layouts, if possible.

Thomas P.

I can't help it, but I believe the words beginner and MNxxxx don't go together very well...anywho
If you look the boss bf-2 uses it such as a multitude of other flangers or choruses. For most of them you have to create your own pcb.
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j
...and then there was light

Connoisseur of Distortion

hey, now, my first working project was the zombie chorus...  :D
there were 2 other things prior that really didn't work for me... and i just kept going. still using it, the zombie is wonderful!

but... it uses a MN3007... sorry

RickL

I too would be interested in circuits using the MN3207. I am just recently the proud owner of 50 of them so something that uses multiples or is expandable to use multiples would particularly interest me. Layouts would help but are not required.

When I have some time I may try to layout an adaptor board to replace the MN3007 with a 3207. I'm thinking maybe a wirewrap socket with a small attached board similar to the adaptor that PAiA includes in their Craig Anderton EPFM kits.

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

QuoteWhen I have some time I may try to layout an adaptor board to replace the MN3007 with a 3207

Rick,
I'm interested in that, for small clone chorus.

Fp
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

nelson

Quote from: Fp-www.Tonepad.com
QuoteWhen I have some time I may try to layout an adaptor board to replace the MN3007 with a 3207

Rick,

Fp

Second, and for other pedals too....
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

RickL

Me and my big mouth  :oops: ! I guess it's not as simple as just swapping the Vdd/Vgg and Gnd pins. If I understand correctly the 3207 wants a bias voltage on the input pin of just over half the supply voltage (about 5 volts if a 9 volt supply is used). I wonder if it would work if the supply and ground voltages were swapped and an inverting buffer stuck in just before the input? That might be do-able with an 8 pin wirewrap socket and a bit of perfboard.

I think probably not. I suppose in the Small Clone the input to the 3007 is superimposed on a negative bias signal. Inverting the signal at the input to the BBD to get a positive bias would also invert the audio which would cause problems when you tried to recombine it with the dry signal.

Or it could be that I'm completely misunderstanding the problem.

Any thoughts?

Rick

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

Rick....

I may be 100% wrong... but you've got the building experience I lack, so maybe some of this may be useful (or not)...

There is a schematic for the small clone that used a SAD1024, that one is biased more like the MN3207, at least it seemed to me that way. In that schematic, there are a few parts changes, the one I recall could be of relevance is that the biasing transistor is a pnp (or the other way around?)...

The thing is... (I'm beginning to sound dumb!)... that maybe analyzing the way the MN3007 was implemented on the small clone could lead to the way that the MN3207 could be implemented....

I hope that makes at least a bit of sense...

Fp
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

nelson

SAD1024 based Small Clone schematic??

anychance you could send it to me FP?

hempathy at hempathydot org dot uk
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

I'll post it here:

I don't know who drew it or who sent it to me, but it has the mod to use an MN3007. If who sent it to me wants it taken down, or want to remind me so I can give credit, just email me or post here.

Fp

puretube

Rick,

Fp

isn`t that the kind of adaptor that will name highways, babies & hospitals after you ?  :lol:  :wink:

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

Quoteisn`t that the kind of adaptor that will name highways, babies & hospitals after you ?

Wouldn't it be awesome? Rick Lawrence Highway :)

Fp

Mark Hammer

Well, it's not quite a quickie, but the Morley Sapphire Flanger (schematic available from their site) bears a number of striking similarities to the A/DA Flanger and it uses an MN3207.  The sweep generator uses a 4007/4047 combo for a little more oomph in the clock pulse (useful for going past the 200khz suggested limit of the MN3207), and like the A/DA there is minimal filtering of the BBD output but additional lowpass filtering of the regen signal.

nelson

Thanks for that FP.

8)
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

puretube

Quoteisn`t that the kind of adaptor that will name highways, babies & hospitals after you ?

Wouldn't it be awesome? Rick Lawrence Highway :)

Fp

sorry - that would rather be the case for a SAD1024-to-MN3207 adaptor,
like Mark mentioned here...(5th entry):
Quote"...and live on long after their time in legend and song."

:)

kefestvog

Does anybody have a schematic for a FL-7, that uses the MN3207, right?

puretube

bumpittoo,
(for the widescreenerz...)