Just finished the AMZ Mini Booster...

Started by ubersam, October 02, 2006, 05:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubersam

... now I have a couple of questions. I did not have a 3.3 uf NP on hand so a subbed in a 4.7uf (not NP) in its place. Is seems to work just fine, I just wonder if I am missing out on something by not using the proper component. The next question has to do with the schematic. On it, there are two points, A and B, accross the capacitor C6. What are those points for? I was thinking that I  could tie point A to the wiper of a smallish pot, perhaps a 10K or a 5K, and tie one end of the pot to ground, or point B, to make the circuit a variable gain booster. Would this be correct?

petemoore

... now I have a couple of questions. I did not have a 3.3 uf NP on hand so a subbed in a 4.7uf (not NP) in its place. Is seems to work just fine, I just wonder if I am missing out on something by not using the proper component. The next question has to do with the schematic.
  Smaller values [1uf ?] allow less High frequencies to be amplified.
   On it, there are two points, A and B, accross the capacitor C6. What are those points for?
  The output of the transistor [drain] is used as a settable gain boost.
  The Source can be used as a source follower, buffered output = ~1/1 gain.
  I was thinking that I  could tie point A to the wiper of a smallish pot, perhaps a 10K or a 5K, and tie one end of the pot to ground, or point B, to make the circuit a variable gain booster. Would this be correct?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.