sustain Punch Creamy Dreamer

Started by { antonio }, August 15, 2005, 09:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cd

Quote from: soggybagIt also suggests changing the cap off the end of clipping diodes to a 1 from a .1, I read a posts that suggests these are the AMZ mods.

From what I can tell, that cap at .1 is large enough so that changing it to 1u will have no effect on the frequency response.

Quote from: Yun
CD, on all of the BMP's i've modded (from the russian tanks, to the Reissue NYC's) None of em had a single 15K resistor in the whole circuit, dude.

It's probably only found in vintage muffs; but i never opened the Vintage BMP that i had. Well, except to change the battery....

Yup, I'm talking about vintage ones.  I've never bothered building from anything else.

Doug_H

When I had the BMP on the breadboard I modded it to sound like an overdrive. I don't remember if I removed the diodes or what I did. In the end I felt it made a pretty mediocre "overdrive" sound and at that point I felt like I had lost the plot.

Sure, there are a ridiculous number of mods you can do to it, but IMO there are better overdrive circuits that are much simpler. IMO the BMP circuit framework does better making it's gigantic steam shovel fuzz/sustain sound, while you can mod it to make it more palatable to your personal taste, equipment, etc. Of course anyone can do anything they want with it, that's just my opinion.

Doug

amz-fx

QuoteThere are people that know what the Creamer Dreamer mod is. I know Jack knows since he took off the goop.
There is really nothing to it so everyone should not obsess over it  :D     The details are on a backup disk around here somewhere (from a couple of computers ago) but I cannot put my finger on it at the moment...

Here's the pic:

Build the Triangle Muff from the schematic that was posted here and then tweak to taste!

regards, Jack

soggybag

After playing with the tone stack a bit last night. I'll add that there's a lot of possibilities here. I think I heard more dramatic changes here than any other mod I made to another part of the circuit. try the Swollen Pickle values for the tone stack, search the forum.

Can anyone explain what is happening with the BMP tone stack?

cd

Quote from: soggybagAfter playing with the tone stack a bit last night. I'll add that there's a lot of possibilities here. I think I heard more dramatic changes here than any other mod I made to another part of the circuit. try the Swollen Pickle values for the tone stack, search the forum.

Can anyone explain what is happening with the BMP tone stack?

There is a combination high pass/low pass filter.  When the pot is in the middle, the two overlap - the result being a cut in the midrange.  Download the tonestack calculator (www.duncanamps.com) to play around with cap values and whatnot.

Doug_H

cd

If you want to dink around with the tone control, one good way is to bypass it completely, then stick an EQ pedal (or any EQ) after the distortion section, then tweak to taste.  Once you have a curve you like, then try fixing that in the BMP tone control.  Actually this is a good idea for any distortion circuit, I like to do it with two EQ pedals, one before, and one after.

soggybag

To my beginner eye. It looks like a high pass filter on the top and a low pass filter on the bottom. Mixed by a pot in-between.

The Pickle values seem to have an extreme dip in the midtones?

I'll have to try and get my PC working so I can try it out. It looks like it does not work with the Mac.