anyone try out the fender blender reissue yet?

Started by jsp, August 15, 2005, 03:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsp

any reports as to the qaulity of the parts, sound, etc?

nelson

My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

jsp

It's supposed to have come out today, but it's not in locals stores around me.  There's a sound sample on the music toys site:

http://www.musictoyz.com/network/xstreamPlayer.php?loadID=fenderBlender5

jimbob

hmmm. I havnt heard anything about that either. But, Im waiting to see one of the BIG companies steal the BSIAB II and call it something else and sell it. I think they watch these forums and market strategies.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

aron

More importantly, have you played an original?

Do you really like it?

nelson

Judging by the sound its an ampeg scrambler with an added tone control.....Probably achieved in a different way...
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

aron

I have had 2.

The first one I bought because I thought it was the worst sounding pedal ever built. I'm not kidding.

I traded it away and a 2nd one was given to me....

The blender keeps wanting to come back :wink:

Yun

Quote from: aronI have had 2.

The first one I bought because I thought it was the worst sounding pedal ever built. I'm not kidding.

I traded it away and a 2nd one was given to me....

The blender keeps wanting to come back :wink:

I agree, man.  it's not all it's hyped up to be.  

I've also had 2 of em.  1 original, and 1 DIY.  

-Has no sustain
-Very "dry" sounding
-Really mushy
-More of an OD/distortion than a fuzz

DEFINATELY not worth $30.00 much less $149.99, man....
"It's Better to live a lie, and forget the past, then to Forget a lie, and live the past"

aron

About 7??? years ago, the originals were going for $350. What are they up to now?

aron

Yun

are you serious eh?  Geeze louise, man!!!!!  :shock:
"It's Better to live a lie, and forget the past, then to Forget a lie, and live the past"

ethrbunny

I built a copy of the original. It was sounding pretty thin by itself till I threw a chorus after it. Now its a fun and workable sound. It has quite a collection of sounds to offer.
--- Dharma Desired
"Life on the steep part of the learning curve"

petemoore

Yes the soundclips show wide diversity and very deep nastiness all built in.
 I thought I typed a big long....don't see it.
 Experiences building octaves and fuzzes...something with many fewer parts is bound to sound different.
 Pick your FWR section from an octave and fuzzboost with your favorite Fuzzpotions.
 I'm liking my tweeked Tycho into my tweeked FF, but there's a group around that swears by the FTM and another that prefers the Octavia...
 Green Ringer's cool
 Bob Tavia [Bobtavia] is cool
 SOU...EZ great one
 I have a Neo Octavia too !!!
 All good, the OA ones, seem a bit more self reliant or prefer 'standing alone' IME. Tycho and Green Ringer seem to have more room left for 'fuzz transistors', and can be hammered to good result.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

MartyMart

Quote from: petemoore
 Pick your FWR section from an octave and fuzzboost with your favorite Fuzzpotions.
 I'm liking my tweeked Tycho into my tweeked FF, but there's a group around that swears by the FTM and another that prefers the Octavia...
 Green Ringer's cool
 Bob Tavia [Bobtavia] is cool
 SOU...EZ great one
 I have a Neo Octavia too !!!
 All good, the OA ones, seem a bit more self reliant or prefer 'standing alone' IME. Tycho and Green Ringer seem to have more room left for 'fuzz transistors', and can be hammered to good result.

Never got my "ringer" to "ring" so scrapped it !
Bob-Tavia is a keeper
Neo Octavia is a keeper
SOU is a keeper
Super Fuzz, I love now that I fixed it !
Tycho and RM Octavia - not convinced at all/RM is re-used and scrapped !
Shin-Ei Companion - still "tweaking"

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

petemoore

My RM Clone sounded 'rough''...[past tense verb].
 My Tycho has 2 Ge transistors and is tweeked a bit, so...it works good with a FF or other after it, or before it. Not really strong enough for much use as a standalone, I like that [usually I'm looking for a Fuzz to octave  transition anyway], The T.O. has plenty of artifacts and wierdness that I like.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.