Stereo out's?

Started by britt-stinker, August 16, 2005, 05:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

britt-stinker

Hi I have some questions about stereo out's. If I run my guitar signal to a pedal with stereo outs, and run that to lets say three pedals with stereo inputs/outputs, and finally to two different amps. Wont the two signals be exactly the same, just colored by the amps EQ?

I have been wondering about this for some time now, since I didn't quite understand why some people wanted true stereo if it didn't really do anything special.

nelson

Not quite sure what you mean britt-stinker. The signal wouldnt be "exactly" the same ie one would be out of phase with the other if done correctly, when one is rising the other is falling.......so no it wouldnt sound *exactly* the same.

If you ar thinking of modding your echoflanger for stereo outs, I imagine it would be worth it!
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

britt-stinker

It wasn't really because of the echoflanger. It was just a thought I had been carring for some time now. But just the echoflanger connected to two amps wet/dry gives a guitar sound I was very impressed with. So I could imagine how good it would sound in stereo.

But back to the subject:
For example what will the difference be between the two outputs on a reverb pedal? Or delay?

Thanks.
I can't wait till you get the mods and so on ready for the echoflanger.

nelson

well, they would sound "stereo" different panning effects could be used to create different effects, essentially they would be the same.....
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X