Tarpit Meltdown schematic?

Started by tungngruv, August 17, 2005, 10:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tungngruv

Hi, I'd like to try Joe Gagans "Tarpit Meltdown". Can anyone point me in the right direction? ( But only if it's available and no one has a problem with it being shared).  Thanks!! BTW, I found the "Helicopter" noises on my Skyripper today!! I swear, every time you plug into it, something really cool pops out of it!! :D

Marcos - Munky

tungngruv

Email sent Marcos. Thanks in advance!

swt

tungngruv

Thanks Marcos, I owe you!!!!!!!!

Coriolis

I wonder if someone might mail me one of those too, been looking for that one for a while... :oops:  :wink:

regards, c
Check out some free drum loops and other sounds at my site: http://www.christiancoriolis.com

Coriolis

Check out some free drum loops and other sounds at my site: http://www.christiancoriolis.com

radio

Keep on soldering!
And don t burn fingers!

Paul Marossy

This looks like it might also make strange noises like the Z. Vex Fuzz Factory. What kind of transistor is Q2 supposed to be?

Marcos - Munky

It don't produce too much strange sounds. Basically, it plays with feedback, and it's a very versatile fuzz. I used a AC128 when I built one, in the last year.

Paul Marossy

Quote from: Marcos - MunkyIt don't produce too much strange sounds. Basically, it plays with feedback, and it's a very versatile fuzz. I used a AC128 when I built one, in the last year.

Cool.  8)

tungngruv

I'm going to run it into the effects loop of my Skyripper 8)

Coriolis

Thank you very much!  8)  8)  8)  :D
Can we assume the two 3906's are for buffering and overdriving Q2, leaving Q2 to be experimented with? Socket it and plug and play, right?

C

Paul Marossy

Quote from: CoriolisThank you very much!  8)  8)  8)  :D
Can we assume the two 3906's are for buffering and overdriving Q2, leaving Q2 to be experimented with? Socket it and plug and play, right?

C

I for one would like to know what kind of transistor could be used for Q2...

petemoore

It looks like a PNP, as Q2 of some kind of feedback amp [like FF].
 therefore Guiseppe sezz: socket and try Si and Ge transistors of gains...use the 25k trimpot.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

WGTP

If Q2 is the second Q in the Fuzz Face, Joe used GE's for those.  Check out his Easy Face variations.   8)
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

petemoore

Quote from: WGTPIf Q2 is the second Q in the Fuzz Face, Joe used GE's for those.  Check out his Easy Face variations.   8)
By chance I just did.
 Q1 Ge Hfe 75
 Q2 Si Hfe 190
 NpN Neg Gnd.
 It has a little Axis Face in it too.
 This thing sounds fantastic !!!
 Gain knob for FF from SB helps, I bumped it 100ohm from ground, 10uf bypass cap.
 Got 2 caps on the input of .1uf, the second is with 6k8 and the R/C is switch-over-able [spst cap bypass], excellent workin' boost/gain boost.
 Q1..hfe 90 transistor, also hfe 115 were sampled, with heavier gain results, less pristine rolloff at guitvol.
 Q2 position seemed happiest with a med gain, big body 'ol 3904. BCxxx's, Jfets, etc. tried, anything less than 164hfe [or so] didn't do the trick for me.
 It's in my favorite box. too Fun for words.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.